Director, Corporate Communications, APJ
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
What You'll Do
The Director of Corporate Communications will act as the lead communication officer for APJ business. You will be responsible for developing and driving strategic communication programmes that advance Cisco’s reputation throughout the region. In addition to supporting the regional priorities, this person will work closely with the Global Corporate Communications team to reinforce and execute a high-impact communications program that reflects the global objectives.
Working effectively with colleagues, you will:
• Develop internal and external communications solutions aligned to specific business and organisational requirements
• Build and drive an overall communications strategy and serve as spokesperson for all regional communications activities including Public Relations, Analyst Relations, Social Media and Executive, Internal and Employee Communications
• Manage message consistency, synthesizing information, aligning and disseminating content through several communication channels
• Serve as a strategic communication advisor to regional president and key business leaders
• Partner with Regional Marketing peers to integrate and align communications and marketing strategies
• Manage people and investment priorities across the region while ensuring global programs cascade through the region. This includes hiring, employee development and management, budget allocation, etc.
• Lead regional Crisis/Incident Communications team
• Collaborate with global peers to balance regional and global requirements on behalf of the communications team
• Provide regional insight into global integrated planning process and proactively contribute local market knowledge to global strategies
Who You'll Work With
Our APJ Corporate Communications team is responsible for delivering significant business value for Cisco in the form of financial performance, customer satisfaction and loyalty, market share, and productivity.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will:
• Act as a strategic counselor for the regional president and his direct leadership team on all communications. He/she will also be able to build trusted relationships with peers across the business and the global communications function.
• Have at least 15 years of communications experience in a fast-paced, high growth, global organization
• Demonstrate critical thinking and a proven ability to understand and articulate business strategy and translate this into rigorous communications strategies in order to create influencer (media, industry analysts, employees) engagement and commitment
• Be a strategic thinker, with hands on execution capabilities, having demonstrable experience in communications planning, delivery, and ability to work directly with senior executives
• Have experience managing relationships across a global organization and be an effective contributor in an executive leadership team environment
• Skillful communicator and talented writer, who knows how to craft and deliver key messages across a variety of audiences using an array of communications vehicles
• Excel at building strong interpersonal relationships which foster a true sense of cooperation, camaraderie and trust with people at all levels within the company and externally
• Have intellectual agility and ability to think / act under pressure. Experience managing crisis communications effectively and credibly
• International experience essential as this role requires building, leading and working effectively with virtual and multi-cultural teams
• Excellent written and spoken English is essential, an additional local language is a plus
• Global/Business Acumen and cultural awareness and adaptability
• Technical knowledge of the networking and IT business
• In depth knowledge of the full range of communications channels and platforms including social/online communications
• Well-developed consulting, partnering and critical thinking abilities
• Clear understanding of communications metrics and ability to implement
• Strong people and project management
• Strong teamwork, collaboration, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Comprehensive budget management experience
• Strategic business planning, positioning and messaging
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.