Director, Converged Infrastructure & Data Center SW Partners
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Director Strategic Partners, Global Strategic Partners Organization
Cisco’s Global Partner Organization (GPO) is seeking a Partner Director who will be aligned to Cisco’s Global Converged Infrastructure and data center software portfolio of partners that are strategically critical to our business from a perform and transform basis.
The Partner Director functions as a sales led general manager for the partner(s), leading Cisco’s strategy, sales engagement model, channel sales momentum, business entities engagement, and region interlock while managing the global partner(s) holistically from an engagement, financial, and corporate perspective. This is a leadership role and experience leading high performance teams is critical.
The Partner Director takes the approach of driving short term (perform) and a multi-year view of investment and return (transform) and a commitment to assign the top talent from all cross-functional Cisco teams.
The successful candidate will have general knowledge of data center architectures, key products and services with the ability to create business relevance through Architectural/cross-portfolio offerings in multiple entities within multi GEOs of a single partner or portfolio of partners.
This role demonstrates business relevance to the partner(s) by managing all business done with the partner(s) (sell-thru, sell with), ultimately creating a road map for sustainable revenue growth.
What you’ll do
* Lead a team of Partner Executives and Partner Managers embedding a value exchange with the strategic partner(s) to deliver multi-year bookings to grow faster than Cisco's overall growth.
* Drive sales, channel GTM and engineering interlock, solution development, and develop and execute go to market strategies.
* Collaborate with multiple constituents within Cisco in the development of joint offers with the strategic partners including Cisco GPO ecosystem partners
* Develop and manage executive level relationships with customers and with the partner(s)
* Own and maintain a joint opportunity pipeline and sales teams.
* Lead and manage executive communications such as: Executive Business Reviews, Quarterly Sales Reviews, and relationship review.
* Serve as a strategic advisor, demonstrating a deep understanding of the Partner’s business and driving alignment across Cisco and our Channel partners
* Be accountable for resolving partnering issues and escalations.
* Coordinate the alignment of key Cisco stakeholders on GTM plans including channels, legal, marketing and other Business Units.
* At least 10 years of management experience, 15+ years of overall work experience with the majority of that in Data Center (partners, channel, DC architectures, solutions, services and Sales/GTM oriented roles)
* Executive collaboration, credibility, confidence, and composure with Partner & Cisco executives
* High Business acumen – Sales DNA, Advanced understanding of the Partner’s business model
* Direct experience with top tier DC partners including solution development and delivery, project management and business development with a focus on results (internal and external teams)
* Working knowledge of technology trends and innovations in digital transformation and Data center
* Execution and operational experience including consultative selling process to drive net new deals
* A proven ability to build the link between technology and business impact, with strong understanding of business processes and operations
* BA/BS required, Masters’ Degree preferred