Director, CX SP Americas - Web Segment
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
You will represent the Customer Experience Services Business in the Americas Service Provider (SP) segment, ensuring the strategies and opportunities across CX delivery are effectively executed within the theater. You will drive technical and delivery excellence across the lifecycle for our SP customers, ensuring a focus on achieving measurable business outcomes. You will bring thought leadership to establish and develop executive relationships with key customers in the area.
You will develop a diverse team through talent and capabilities programs, communities of practice, learning initiatives, culture programs and rotations to transform the ways of working and achieve performance aligned with the business needs now and in the future.
You will execute a matrixed, cross functional plan to demonstrate centers of excellence to ensure the right resources are aligned to the right accounts, as well as to deliver accurate resource forecasting requirements to allow them to staff accordingly.
Finally, you will drive the business profitability to ensure we are meeting corporate expectations for bookings, revenue and margin contribution.
Other responsibilities include:
- Partner with Sales to grow Americas SP services business and profitability. Find opportunities and to ensure proper scoping and deal construct.
- Drive revenue growth and margin improvement per required metrics.
- Ensure client health and delight with Cisco
- Effectively manage risk for Cisco and our clients
- Develop resources to ensure customer satisfaction and growth and that employees are fully engaged in their work
- Own key global initiates representing Americas on organizational programs, tools and process execution and other programs as they arise.
Accelerate Customer success and loyalty
- Understand customer business outcomes, help create the Cisco Americas SP strategy and business plan, and partner with other Cisco teams to execute and drive measurable results to gauge success.
- Responsible for Customer Experience excellence and business execution in every interaction with our customers and partners.
- Simplify the customer's experience of working with Cisco to provide a consistent, positive experience. Utilize insights and intellectual capital to be more dedicated in delivery interactions.
- Progress will be measured through customer feedback and comments, partner feedback, business plan execution and growth, as well as employee and team success.
- Lead by example, being a passionate leader that demonstrates your customer obsession and drives the core principles and collaboration of One Cisco across your teams.
Develop Regional Talent
- Lead the organization in active listening and career development with a comprehensive focus on building role-relevant customer focused business leaders. Your leaders will each have ownership over a portion of business plan development, evolution and execution with a focus on driving innovative leading-edge customer solutions aligned to business outcomes.
- Work closely with delivery leaders, product management and others within CX Americas SP to mutually develop a strategy to execute current and future needs supporting our ever-evolving business and technology landscape.
- Excite and recognize our people and enable career development.
- Act as General Manager of the line of business taking responsibility and accountability for the creation, management, execution and reporting of a financial P&L
- Grow the business with financial and operational precision
- Meet and exceed all financial targets and organizational effectiveness targets (spans, layers, structure and location) against the published business plan
- Support, align and execute to CX Americas SP vision, values and strategic priorities
- Maintain tight interlock and alignment with Americas Sales and Business Units
- Make the tough calls quickly when needed with full understanding of options, business and people impacts for optimal outcome for our Customers and Cisco
- Seat at the table and active ownership for strategic discussions as part of the Customer Experience (CX) team, ensuring consistency in excellent Customer experience aligned to customers’ business outcomes and Cisco’s strategy
Industry and Professional Engagements
- Build strategic relationships and industry insight via participation in external conferences and professional/technical development events to energize the Cisco Customer Experience brand and build perspective and expertise.
- Meet/exceed Customer Satisfaction targets across product lines, geographies and teams.
- Sponsor and execute local site initiatives that drive a culture of innovation, employee engagement, quality and certification culture.
- Be a role model enabling innovative thinking and creating an environment where new ideas can be safely brought forward. Encourage others to professionally challenge the status quo and fully embrace our People Deal.
- Work with the delivery teams in building strong technical capabilities in the organization along with resource alignment and capacity planning.
Who You’ll Work With
CX Americas SP is a team of world-class technical, business and industry experts whose #1 focus is to help customers transform, plan, design, deploy, optimize and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated througfinancial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
You will lead a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that’s built to manage the professional and support services for some of Cisco's biggest customers in the Americas SP organization. This team is focused on services delivery, customer satisfaction, profitable growth and P&L management. They closely partner with the SP Directors of Services, Software and Product sales to drive profitable and sustainable growth in the area.
You are the senior executive representing and leading Services for a large Americas SP Theater and are responsible for oversight for the delivery and business growth of the full services portfolio to customers including strategic planning, support and managed services for that theater. It also includes demonstrating and leading matrixed support provided by the customer operations teams and other technical support delivery personnel.
Who You Are
You are an executive leader with excellent customer, partner and market orientation especially in professional services. You have a strategic orientation and ability accompanied with strong thought leadership. You are able to drive profitable growth, deliver business results and effectively manage the P&L, ideally in information technology and services. Additionally, you are able to consult and deliver business outcomes for IT customers and coach others to do the same. Finally, you have a proven track record of talent and people development, movement of talents and effective performance management.
Our Minimum Qualifications are the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field required, Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years leadership experience growing technology services businesses and leading profitable businesses
- Previous experience developing and advancing talent at the senior level
- Understanding of the Cisco services portfolio or similar
- Executive presence and strong communication skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco