Director, Agent Engineering
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Compensation Range211600 USD - 314200 USD
Technology InterestSoftware Development
Who We Are
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, and the Customer and Partner Experience (CXPE) group is transforming how Cisco delivers value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The CX Cloud DevOps and Release teams are charged with leading the lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, refinement, release and eventual decommissioning for the CXPE group. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead business critical capabilities that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
You are an inspiring innovator, mentor, and coach, conversant and passionate about emerging opportunities. You will be responsible creating a technical agent strategy and implementing within CX and PX Cloud. You lead by example and demonstrate excellence in collaboration and communication across engineering teams, with an interest in creative problem solving and a consistent track record for leading and directly chipping into the launches of new platforms and/or transformational architecture changes. You are proficient at writing code and deploying it into a distributed architecture. You are also an effective spokesperson and champion for engineering teams, passionate about mentoring engineers. You are an inspiring leader and a thorough problem solver who is equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as with senior business executives with the ability to articulate the value of the proposed solution. You value simplicity at scale and are dedicated to maintaining a culture of quality, reliability, security, and focused execution.
As a Director, Agent Engineering, You Will
- Lead by example and are a hands-on engineering leader and technical expert building technical strategy and deploying agent alongside and with teams doing frontend work across engineering.
- Lead and organization of engineers to meet business objectives and grow careers
- Provide technical leadership for critical platform, library, and system development.
- Design, build consensus, and contribute to the implementation of libraries, and frameworks, and processes that enable frontend development across engineering
- Work with PM, engineering, UX and other partners to set product vision and define roadmaps and goals spanning multiple organizations or teams
- Help nurture a culture focused on the best possible customer experience
- Work in distributed architectures and with data structures and algorithms
- Build and deploy critical, 24x7 solutions in a SaaS environment
- Lead and/or participate in office hours, give talks, and generate documentation and training to grow engineers' skills
- Architect and validate solutions to address security challenges
- Problem solve, debug, and fix elusive bugs with advanced development skills
Who You Are
- Experience designing and deploying agent technologies in a SaaS based product
- Recognized as a strategic problem solver in internal and external forums, with extensive technical, market, and business expertise.
- Experience designing an end to end software experience that delivers business outcomes.
- Experience with modern application development methodologies (CI/CD, Agile/DevOps)
- Familiarity across the stack, with a particular interest and deep expertise in frontend technologies
- Experience with React and other frontend frameworks
- Ability to get consensus and set technical direction within a large engineering organization.
- Expert in building from scratch and/or evolving large web applications.
- Adaptability combined with the experience to identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement.
- Passionate about solving real customer problems and have experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new products.
- 12+ years' experience, with 7-9 years' experience with data architecture and data systems development, as well as broad experience with basic and advanced analytics and visualization techniques.
- Proven operational knowledge of Cloud components (AWS, GCP, Azure etc), innersourcing, DevOps pipeline, IAC tooling and Container technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS (and other cloud solutions) well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation.
- Work history in agile software development is highly desirable, as is experience with the design and/or operations of enterprise networking.
- BS in mathematics, statistics, computer science or other related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- AWS Certified Architect highly desired.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.