Device Experience - QA Engineer
Location:St Leonards, Australia
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
The Workforce Experience (WFX) organization’s vision is to create a world world-class and engaging workplace experience, leading with human-centered design, that enables people to do their best work. We are passionate about our employees, and we are driven to create a productive environment where we all can be ourselves and bring our whole self to work! We are transforming how Cisco designs and delivers the employee experience based on a culture that values a mindset of customer service, speed & agility in all we do, and are kind to each other. The Device Experience team have a specific focus on ensuring the devices our employees use every day provide a world class experience...mobile, laptop or virtual!
Our team is responsible for providing an extraordinary personal employee experience. One of the key touchpoints influencing an employee’s day-to-day experience is their personal productivity device. It is their primary connection to the world of Cisco. We are building an engineering team who will ensure that our employees have the best experience, regardless of device choice. Devices should simple to use, reliable, and secure.
You will play a key role in providing an amazing device experience! Working with our engineering and support teams to drive a focus on quality.
- You will drive the effort to create a best-in-class device experience for Cisco employees
- Work with engineering teams to establish well documented test plans, release schedules and status reports.
- Validate technical and/or process changes prior to release and deployment.
- Ensure all changes are appropriately tracked and approved
- Assist in the management of over 70,000 Windows PCs and the migration to Windows 11
- Developing technical prototype environments and concepts
- Work within a global team, cutting across Australia, UK, and US.
The Workforce Experience team is responsible for all end-to-end processes and systems that support our workforce from Collaboration, Video Streaming, Events, Employee Productivity Emblement and Service Desk. Working closely with our partners, this team will take the employee experience for all of Cisco to outstanding levels - and show our customers and partners what is possible!
You’ll be passionate about new technology and enabling it to make our employees more productive. You’ll possess an excellent focus on user experience, taking the perspective of others and delivering solutions that impress. You’ll be part of a global team, working smart, working with initiative, working with determination and most of all, working with respect. You will pride yourself in being accountable for ensuring an intense focus on quality.
We don’t expect you to be able to tick every box. If you tick a few of the below boxes, then throw your hat in the ring and let’s take it from there!
- Bachelor or master’s in computer science or a relevant Engineering degree.
- 2+ years of relevant IT industry experience in a globally diverse, enterprise scale organization
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Desktop (Windows OS, AD/ AAD, Autopilot, M365 applications)
- Security: Bitlocker, Defender, Firewall
- Management: Microsoft Configuration Manager/ Microsoft Endpoint Manager/ InTune
- Programming: Powershell, C#, Python
- Service Now change management/ request workflows
- Troubleshooting skills at the OS and application level, able to perform linear troubleshooting practices.
- Proactive communicator within a team and toward stakeholders/customers.
- Proven ability to be resourceful in learning new processes and systems.
- Highly organised and able to work on multiple deliverables at the same time, while keeping to deadlines.
- Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive outlook.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.