Development Engineer 1253062
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
The sky’s the limit. Do you want to build applications in the cloud?
You have vision. You have a passion to simplify. Use these skills to catapult Cisco’s business transformation initiative. Leverage a host of cutting-edge cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
Within the enterprise Data & Analytics Office, you have the options to:
- Design, develop, and implement cloud data solutions
- Fully construct automated frameworks
- Develop complex machine learning algorithms
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working under the Data & Analytics office with a focus on Enterprise Data and BI Platforms. We are the team who is accountable for the smooth running and scalability for all enterprise platforms. Our charter includes imbibing new tech platforms and client adoption. We are a team of highly motivated and engaging engineers.
Who You Are
- You are a self-driven and critical thinker.
- If no one comes to you with requirements, you build projects anyway.
- You’ve been doing this for over 5+ years.
- You can design, craft, develop and implement cloud data solutions – You will solve data problems. You might build ETLs in Snowflake to solve why customers are returning a certain product. You might migrate Hadoop applications to attain a better SLA.
- Are you SQL Fluent?
- Do you understand the value of “data”?
- Informatica is a plus.
- You will fully construct automated frameworks – Repetitive tasks are boring and distracting. Even for complex tasks, we can’t be experts in everything. You will automate away the boring and accelerate the complex. You might automate user onboarding. You might automate data subscription. We build to enable!
- You call yourself a coder. You code in Java or Python even in your spare time.You know the stack (Version Control to Deployment)
- Ability to speak APIs are a plus.
- You will develop complex machine learning algorithms – Teach our AI overlords even more. You might construct an ML algorithm which can determine the appropriate Snowflake warehouse configuration for an input query. You might help predict the cost of an application in migrating from on-prem.
- You tell your friends you are a data scientist
- You have worked on Databases and understand The Cloud
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Cisco offers competitive pay, but it is our unique culture which retains talent. We are people focused unlike any other technology brand.
Some build to sell to communities. We sell to build communities.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.