DevOps - Technical Lead - Acacia
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Acacia (now part of Cisco) designs intelligent optical transceivers using sophisticated signal processing and photonic integration for the 100G, 400G and 1.2T bit speed fiber-optic transmission market deployed in data center, metro, long-haul and ultra-long haul telecommunication networks.
We are looking for experienced enthusiastic people with high energy and a team attitude who have the right experience and want to work at the forefront of fiber optic transmission subsystems. You will be a key member of Acacia’s Software team interfacing with Hardware, ASIC, Optical, and DSP teams in the engineering organization.
We are passionate about continuously improving what we deliver and how we deliver our products to customers. As a Software DevOps Technical Lead for the Coherent Products & Components group, you will:
- Manage, administer, and monitor deployments for all software products.
- Perform deployment, configuration changes, and integration testing for all builds and releases.
- Debug infrastructure failures and provide root cause analysis.
- Develop automation tools to monitor/improve the quality DevOps infrastructure.
- Provide status and dashboards for all deployments.
We are looking for an experienced lead DevOps engineer with a strong understanding of developing and deploying software products and services. Important requirements include:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of experience deploying applications and services.
- Knowledge of continuous deployment environments and frameworks – GitLab, Jenkins.
- Software and product development experience in embedded systems.
- Expert knowledge of at least one scripting/programming language – Python, C/C++ and C#.
- Experience with software development environments, source code management and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with static and dynamic source code scanning tools.
- Ability to create and maintain command line and GUI tools.
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Security concepts and protocols.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.