DevOps Platform Engineer – Webex Meetings Engineering Infrastructure
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Be part of the exciting Webex Meetings engineering DevOps infrastructure team. Webex has enables millions of people to work effectively in the COVID-19 pandemic. It is the center piece for the new future working engine.
The Webex Meetings Engineering Infrastructure is the core to tie all pieces together for the Webex CI/CD engineering process. The DevOps infrastructure team is focused on effectively manage the CI/CD by developing and maintaining a state of the art infrastructure. The infrastructure team manages a stable, scalable and flexible to ensure the velocity and quality of Webex. Webex is a complex system with many different applications running on various platforms (web, server and client). We are committed to drive the success and effectiveness of the Webex engineering CI/CD process.
We are looking for an experienced and self driven passionate DevOps infrastructure engineer to join our team. As a core member of the infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the DevOps infrastructure meets and exceeds the expectation. We uphold highest standard on our quality and time to deliver.
What You'll Do
As a DevOps infrastructure engineer, you will -
- Actively participate in the deployment, maintenance and optimization for the DevOps infrastructure of Cisco Webex Meetings
- Hands-on work on IaaS, PaaS, networking, Fire Wall, GW, Proxy, storage, VMware, OpenStack, Docker and Kubernetes
- Work closely with excellent technical experts and innovators in the DevOps industry.
- Have the capacity to rapidly absorb new technologies and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide operation transparence with dashboard and various metrices to benchmark performance and drive R&D.
- Expert in solving complicated DevOps infrastructure issues.
- Understand the industry of newest DevOps infrastructure tools, technology and best practice.
- Work effectively with global distributed teams to achieve common goal.
Who You Are
- B.S. in Computer Science or related.
- 3 years+ on networking, storage and UCS.
- 2 years+ experience in VMware, OpenStack K8S platform.
- Strong programming skill on Python and Shell script.
- Strong system administration skill on Windows/Linux/Mac OS.
- Good teamwork and Self-motivated.
- Good English skills, special in written.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.