DevOps Engineer - Data Platform
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators lead their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer - Data Platform to join our Strategy & Analytics team in San Francisco! The Strategy & Analytics department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. As part of this team, you will develop cross-functional relationships and work closely with data engineering, ML engineering, data science, and product teams to drive near- and longer-term initiatives to improve our product, and customer experience. This would be an outstanding fit for a solution-oriented technical pro who is hands-on, has the ability to work autonomously, and can drive technical efforts building robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions with core AI-capabilities. We are looking for people who are passionate about building full-stack security tools, with substantial experience developing in a containerized cloud/data center hybrid environment.
What will you do:
- Build seamless integrations between our tools, Meraki’s development stack, and deploy applications via automation with configuration management tools
- Implement scalable and user-friendly automated security tooling, partner with product and engineering teams to identify and remediate security gaps in data science platform
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Measure performance and environment of application with system & application log tools
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Iterate on standard methodologies to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Collaborate with our engineer (SRE) team on-call responsibilities in rotation
What skills you possess:
- Have 2+ years of maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Have 3- 5 years of full stack development experience in Bash, Ruby, Python etc.
- Have experience in database, information and/or infrastructure security
- Have practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS) and CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation etc)
- Know and love learning about the latest security tools, infrastructure, and industry standard methodologies
- Have experience developing in a hybrid environment utilizing AWS, Meraki data centers or other cloud providers
- Enjoy working across and being a resource for other engineers and sharing your knowledge of secure coding practices
- Have experience on a pager rotation where you responded to critical issues quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda) is a plus
- Experience with IoT platforms, large-scale distributed systems, and/or client-server architectures
- Consistent track record to ship in a multifaceted environment
Who you are:
- You demonstrate technical acuity in your work
- You have a go-getter mentality
- You have a real passion for engineering challenges
- You have the ability to keep track of multiple complicated priorities without losing details
- Ability to communicate ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are eager to take ownership of projects and technical initiatives
- You remain curious and desire for continuous learning
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer! Meraki Cisco has crafted an outstanding equal opportunity-focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.