Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Networking Academy is Cisco’s largest corporate social responsibility program, and aims to:
Improve socioeconomic conditions for individuals and communities
Increase access to digital education and career opportunities
Support the development of an educated ICT workforce, and promote the growth of the ICT industry.
For 20 years we have been changing worlds. The Network Academy Platform is currently used around 170 counties to deliver various courses including IoT, Cyber Security and CCNA.
Who You'll Work With:
The Corporate Affairs organization is the focal point for developing and implementing certain foundational Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs by leveraging our core competencies as well as educating and informing the Cisco family and our key external stakeholders on our CSR efforts. The team's vision is to enhance Cisco's value as a leading global corporate citizen by leading, innovating, and supporting our sustainable business practices, socioeconomic initiatives, and public benefit investment.et transition. And we do the right thing by supporting organizations that address global social challenges. CA is also responsible for delivering an innovative way of Learning through its Network Academy Platform that is currently used in 120 counties to deliver various courses including CCNA.
What You'll Do:
As a member of Engineering’s solutions team, the candidate will lead DevOps team for our next generation learning management solutions. You will:
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Define build and deploy DevOps tools and Processes /Best Practices.
- Scale out the platform to process thousands of events per minute, and be the expert on our team for running stream processing systems.
Who You Are:
You are a Senior technical leader with hands on experience and a consistent track record in DevOps offering a broad understanding of the following tools and technologies:
- Git lab, Jenkins, Ansible, DOcker, Kubernetes, AWS.
- Security, Automation
- Must be able to work cohesively within the team and with strategic partners to building industry leading solutions for Learning Management system.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills is a must.
- Excellent technical writing skills and effective planning skills and the ability to prioritize and move forward multiple deliverables at the same time
- Ability to work with and bring together different groups, teams, and projects.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 7+ years industry experience with Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Management with 4 years with DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of core software technologies and fundamentals – specifically for large-scale distributed systems – and building highly available services.
- Technical Experience for integration of automation frameworks across SaaS enterprise solutions though demonstrated experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers through APIs and understanding of the full agile lifecycle application development.
- Lead and deliver platform security related strategy initiatives based upon an understanding of current security trends
- Must be familiar with not only popular open source technology, such as NoSQL DB, message bus, configuration tools, monitoring & analytics tools, etc, but also full stack development frameworks from front end GUI to restful API to middleware to backend DB access. Understand the pros and cons of each technology, and clearly know how to select at different scenario.
- Strong experience in architecting scalable & Highly available applications leveraging latest tools and technologies.
- Extensive hands on experience in Enterprise Java from scalability and performance stand point.
WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair. Don’t care. Tattoos. Show off your ink. Like polka dots. That’s cool. Pop culture geek. Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
#We Are Cisco