Desktop Software Engineer (Intern) Bachelor or Master - UK
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
Start Date: 1 July 2020 (1 year Internship)
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you in the Desktop Engineering & Operations Team. Join together with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
This role might be right for you if you:
- Are a penultimate student, studying for a degree that is primarily focused on maths, information technology or scientific study
- On track for a 2:1 or above.
- Understanding of containers e.g. Docker
- Strong fundamentals in Object Oriented Programming including Python
- Knowledge of Operating Systems and databases including SQL
- Knowledge of API connections and endpoints
- NLP and ML
- Webex API
- Mind Meld NLP
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance and our benefits package is designed to reflect this.
- Annual Leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Access to Cisco’s onsite office facilities including;
- Free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office
- Starbucks Coffee bar
- Access to a large canteen
- Massage chairs & nap pods
- An onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers (at an additional cost)
- At Cisco, we encourage a culture of giving back to the community, and you will receive invitations to participate in giving back events organised either by the IT team or the Bedfont Lakes campus CSR team.
- You will be invited to join Cisco’s annual summer BBQ in July.
- Apply by 15th November to attend our Assessment centre in December.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Recruiter Telephone Assessment - Hiring Team Telephone Interview – Cisco IT day incorporating an Assessment Centre.
- You must be able to live and work in the UK. EU visa sponsorship is available, unfortunately, we do not sponsor International visas.
Why you will love Cisco:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
We are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this, we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
Vicky Dineshchandra: Software Engineering in Cisco IT