Design Research Intern - Norway
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Design Research Intern
Are you a design student available for part-time work this spring, or taking a semester off? We are looking for a skilled and ambitious person to join our Design Research and Service Design team right now.
Start date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: January 31 (we review applications on an ongoing basis)
Duration: 6 months, depending on type of engagement
Location: Lysaker, Philip Pedersens vei 1
Video: cs.co/uxresearcher (2.38 mins)
What you'll do
- Design UX research studies, map user journeys and build probes
- Uncover user needs through semi-structured interviews, usability testing and surveys
- Get experience with qualitative and quantitative research
- Work with experienced visual, interaction, service and industrial designers and researchers to improve our products based on real user needs.
- Help minimize emissions from business air travel by making it easier to work over video in a distributed team
- Mid-way taking higher education in design or social sciences
- Passionate about user needs
- Structured and self-driven
- Strong analytical, communication and visualisation skills
- Fluent in Norwegian or Swedish
What we'll offer
- Competitive salary, working life experience and coaching.
- Work and play with senior design professionals in a highly awarded design team.
- Experience working in a Fortune 500 company, your work impacting millions of users around the world.
We have been designing high-end video products for some time - now we open up to do a lot more good in the workplace. Since we are a very large company, we can leverage all the products, data and connections we have to build awesome user journeys in so many buildings where people work, study and live.
How to apply
Upon applying, please upload Transcripts, CV/Resumes & Cover Letter.
For any questions you can reach us on email@example.com
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Our hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create solutions that allow individuals, companies, and countries to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and strengthen competitive advantage. Our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn.
About 350 engineers are working at our research and development center at Lysaker. We focus on developing products and solutions for collaboration technologies. Our in-house design team is among the largest in Norway and work across visual, service, industrial and user experience design. We are all passionate about inspiring teams and improving teamwork with the products and services we develop. Our aim is to make technology disappear to let humans be human.