Area of InterestProfessional Services
Are you our new Design Intern?
We are looking for skilled and ambitious summer interns within Industrial, UX, Visual, Research or Service Design to join our Webex Devices Design team in Oslo Summer 2022. We are building workplace transformation with our award-winning hardware and software solutions for team collaboration. Our goal is to transform the connections between people and the information they need to share, between the physical and digital, - locally and globally.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Our hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create solutions that allow individuals, companies, and countries to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and strengthen competitive advantage. Our vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn.
About 350 engineers are working at our research and development center at Lysaker. We focus on developing products and solutions for collaboration technologies. Our in-house design team is among the largest in Norway and work across visual, service, industrial and user experience design. We are all passionate about inspiring teams and improving teamwork with the products and services we develop. Our aim is to make technology disappear to let humans be human.
What you will do:
We promise you will work on assignments and projects where you will learn lots from working along-side industry experts and seasoned design professionals and get to push and test your creative abilities. Example of typical projects we can offer to our interns:
- Gain understanding of users and translate into clearly communicated user needs and concepts
- Design and make functional prototypes of concepts through cross-functional teamwork
- Envision and conceptualize alternative futures for our collaboration products
- Understand and improve the unboxing and installation process for our products
- Investigate alternative ways of interacting with our products
Who you are:
More important than your track-record, are your commitment, curiousness and willingness to learn. We are looking for people who want to become an expert in their field trough working with us. In order to succeed, you also need to be a team player. We need to combine our brains, competences and expertise in order to deliver top of the shelf products. In addition, are you:
- studying towards a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a related subject?
- currently in 3rd or 4th year.
- curious, self-directed and a team player who wants to work with defining the future of how people collaborate at work?
- able to live and work in Norway
We are nothing without our people. We depend on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems in elegant ways, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s Best Workplace in 2021. We can offer you:
- a fun summer with a competitive salary, and real projects that are important for Cisco
- provide challenging and interesting tasks that are relevant to your education and creativity
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group –that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center
- and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
Duration: June – August 2022
Application deadline: 30th November - we review applications on an ongoing basis
Upon applying please upload your CV, cover letter, university grade transcript and portfolio