Datacenter Pursuit Systems Engineer (Presales)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
As a Systems Engineer, you will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory and perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You'll Work With
The ASEAN engineering team comprises 90 very talented and motivated engineers. We play different roles in the area of account pre-sales management, technology deep dive, partner advocacy and engineering leadership. We place emphasis on individual development and relevancy in the market place, and we are strong advocate of Cisco's own certification programs. We work closely together to help our customer solve their business problems. As a team, we possess divest engineering expertise and we are constantly on a look out for new skill sets to add to our team capability.
Cisco System Engineering Team showcase Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers.
Who You Are
We are looking for an individual to play the role of a “Datacentre specialist" that interface between our partners/customers and Cisco's various business units. You have a start-up mentality to deliver solutions that drive business success for Cisco. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to ensure the level of communication is appropriately focused for the particular audience they are communicating
We are ideally looking for an individual with around 3-5 years engineering and pre-sales experience in the following areas:
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
* Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one of the following area's of specialization: VPN's, Security, QoS, Remote/Local Access, IBM, Multi-Service (Voice and Video), Campus/MAN, WAN, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems or Wireless (relevant to assignment).
* Demonstrated experience positioning of Opex and Capex and Data Centre Operational models for cloud, networking (Layer 4-7, Virtual Switching), fabric, virtualization and storage as well as application networking.
* Have a strong command of the competitive landscape and competitive vendor strengths and weaknesses
* Demonstrate broad understanding of the other elements across the Security and Enterprise Network architecture.
* Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
* Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
* Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP CCDP Certification Preferred
* Proven pre-sales experience working with customers, partners, sales managers, Cisco's product business units.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.