Datacenter Network Engineer - Sydney
Location:Sydney, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying, configuring and managing distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere.
Cisco IT is going through a transformation towards software-defined everything. The focus is to manage our datacenter infrastructure as a code and have programmability through well-defined APIs. To support this transformation, we are looking for an expert and hardworking individual who will be part of our Global Infrastructure team running Cisco IT Supply Chain datacenters around the world. You will be responsible to run and operate computing and storage equipment and automate underlying processes using infrastructure as code principles.
- Engineering the physical networking of servers and storage devices within Meraki’s datacenters
- Physical network installation planning, lit fibre and dark fibre connections, datacenter cross connects, leaf & spine network troubleshooting and blocking issues, Quality of Service (packet loss) priorities, BGP routes and any priorities that are set based on business objectives.
- Collaborating with the Site Reliability Engineers to develop the best in class network solutions
- Partnering with engineering teams to build the simplest and effective solutions
- Structured cabling and fibre management solution design
- Strategic planning of vendors for installation of network equipment
- Travel required: 20-40%
You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- 2-5+ years cloud network experience
- 1-2 years Quality of Service Network troubleshooting experience
- 1-2 years Cisco CIMC management experience
- BGP knowledge and route object creation, through public and private routes.
- Comfort in the command line interface and you will have hands-on installation experience of datacenter devices.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Bonus points for:
- RFC testing and Fibre optic testing knowledge
- Dark Fibre deployment experience (WAN)
- Fundamental knowledge in Layers 1,2 and 3 Network Design
- Cloud/ISP/Telco exposure
- Strong organisational and project management skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.