Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You Will Do
Database & Replication Services is an exciting group comprising of highly qualified and motivated database architects, engineers, and developers that support business critical database systems for Cisco IT. The team is also engaged in developing the next generation cloud based database service that would be highly scalable, performant, and available to meet the requirements of the ever changing needs and complexities of the business. The team supports varied database, middleware & replication technologies and applications such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Golden Gate, Attunity, Oracle E-business Suite, etc as well as Big Data (Hadoop) platform.
Who You Are
- Highly motivated with ground-breaking mind-set
- Solid grasp of database and infrastructure technologies and a strong architectural mentality and operational background
- Strong customer focus and can-do attitude
- 8+ years of Oracle DBA experience on UNIX/Linux
- Proficiency in Oracle versions 12c, 19c and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Ability to perform Oracle patches and upgrade along with backup and restoration
- Experience with high availability (RAC), standby (Data Guard), and backup and recovery (RMAN)
- Experience tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR, ASH…
- Strong knowledge on Oracle security parameter settings
- Hands on experience in Oracle Audit vault and Data vault implementations; Logging & Monitoring Enablement;
- Implementing Role Based Access Controls. Hands on Experience in implementing Secure controls"
- Solid experience in Unix Shell scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, good multi-tasking and time management skill
- Superb communication skills within groups and teams
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco