Database Administrator- IMImobile
Area of InterestCollaboration
What You'll Do
- Analyses, designs, builds and implements sophisticated databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Interprets internal or external issues andrecommends solutions and standard methodologies.
- Crafts sophisticated data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation participate in vendor selection and relationship management.
- Design, implement and handle sharding and indexing strategies, security backups, restores of MongoDB, MongoDB Cloud Manager and Cloud Backup
- Supervising & fine-tuning of cloud DB. Fixing database issues quickly & efficiently.
- Fix sophisticated technical problems, and assess and mitigate risks by conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning using Linux, system calls, memory management, and program debugging.
- Establish and maintain security and integrity controls, and formulate and supervise policies, procedures, and standards relating to data management.
- Provide support for system upgrades and new system releases, and perform database monitoring using SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell scripting, security monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of system failures.
- Maintain detailed documentation of database Design Architecture and setup. Provide training to members of the infrastructure teams
Who You'll Work With?
Our vision is to help organizations accept mobile technologies, so they can engage better with their customers in the digital world. With deployments in 60 countries, processing billions of digital touchpoints per month, we are a trusted cloud communications software and solutions provider to blue-chip businesses around the world. Organizations are faced with barriers and complexities when trying to transform how they engage with their customers in the world of digital communications, and we are at the forefront of all that is hot in technology, from omnichannel customer engagement to artificial intelligence.
You will be joining a young start-up-like team building a multichannel customer engagement platform to support thousands of business customers and handle millions of customer communications every day. It is the detailed time for you to join our team, build a scalable platform with traditional and new channels like SMS, WhatsApp, RCS, and email, to tackle significant responsibilities and make a direct contribution to the business growth.
We require an experienced Data Base Administrator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will join our DBA team to expand, support and handle the platform
Who You Are
- Solid grasp of DB administration having 5+years of hands-on experience.
- Support databases for production, development & AWS Cloud DB’s.
- Participate in large, sophisticated database/application deployment, migration, patching, consolidation and upgrade projects.
- Setup and supervise backups; implement and test recovery techniques; diagnose and fix performance issues.
- Experience with performance optimization (server/ query tuning).
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch optimally between different activities and teams.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to coordinate and plan work independently in a constantly evolving environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Proven Experience in AWS Cloud DB, Linux &MONGO
- Mongo DB, AWS, My SQL, AWS Cloud DB technologies (RDS, redshift, Document DB, Dynamo DB)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!