Data Visualization Specialist - Tableau
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
At Lysaker, Oslo you find Cisco Webex Devices. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom. Our greatest advantage is that we make both hardware and software. We develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. This means we don’t depend on others. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
Lots of people want to work with technology – at Cisco Webex Devices, we create it!
We are looking for a Data Visualization Specialist with proficiency in Tableau to join our Data & Analytics team in the Cisco Webex Devices Business unit. Our team can best be described as the Business Intelligence of Cisco Webex Devices. We gather, model and monitor strategical data, and visualize them in ways that enable stakeholders and management to make informed business decisions.
What you will do:
Our ultimate goal is to deliver sets of data visualizations (dashboards) to various stakeholders. Our job includes understanding business needs, finding and preparing relevant data and making decisions on the type of visualization which is the most optimal for stakeholders to drive their business goals.
As a Data Visualization Specialist, you will:
- be part of the team’s quest to define, gather and visualize data to support making informed business decisions
- participate in meetings with stakeholders and gain a deep understanding of their data visualization needs
- propose and create modern Tableau dashboards to address stakeholder needs
- collect feedback from users to constantly improve the quality of our work
Who you are:
The job requires both technical and communicative skills. You have to master relevant tools within the data analysis and visualization area. At the same time, we are ambitious when it comes to our visualizations. We applaud visual creativity, the ability to see solutions and the willingness to adjust to user needs and team viewpoints.
- You have a minimum 3 years of experience in use of Tableau
- You have experience using SQL and Snowflake
- You have a few years of experience working in a role related to business, analysis or operations
- communicate well, listen and seek to understand?
- have an analytical approach and a mindset for continuous improvement?
- take initiative and get motivated by making real progress and change?
- enjoy working with people from different teams and subject areas?
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
At Cisco Webex Devices you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world. At tiny Lysaker, we put great ideas into action.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- a Cisco Fun aka Feeling young group – dedicated to creating great memories for the Webex-family
- a Cisco Play group that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps, as well as an in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
- and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!