Data Specialist Graduate - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Start Date: Early September 2022
Location: Feltham, United Kingdom, under normal circumstances.
Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
We at Cisco are looking for a Graduate Analyst to join our Digital Data Team, to turn data about our digital experience into business insights.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Ultimately the objective of the Digital Data team is to provide insights to the IT teams focused on improving the user experience within Cisco, as part of this team you can expect to;
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Be able to present findings in non-technical terms tailored to an audience
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Use analytics tools such as R and Pandas
- Work in an agile manner
- Nice to have (but not essential) – have an understanding of Python / Full stack development / AI or BOT data interest.
Overall, you will be working in a larger global organization that is dedicated to and passionate about the experience of IT services delivered to our employees in Cisco.
- Working towards or have a degree that provides dedicated modules for maths, information technology or scientific study.
- A real curiosity for how things work and how they can be improved.
- Mindset that focuses on reaching the core of problems; not just the first issue encountered.
- A passion for and commitment to lifelong learning – a willingness to invest time in training and developing your skills.
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary by location.)
Other onsite office facilities including; free shuttle buses between local stations and the Cisco Campus office, access to the ‘IT Nest Zone’ with gaming facilities, Starbucks Coffee bar, massage chairs, nap pods, an onsite Nuffield Health gym and showers.
- Our selection process is as follows: Application - Hiring Team Video Interview – Virtual Cisco Day.
- You must be able to legally live and work in the UK without visa support or sponsorship.
Why you will love Cisco
At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
- Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
- Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco
- Emily Cousins and Paige Chasty wrote a blog check it out here.
- Search LinkedIn for #CiscoQuaranterns for life as an Intern during the pandemic.
- There is a good video here.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!