Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will understand business problem, help in Data collection, clean/process/ transform data, apply models, highlight insights etc. and will lead technical discussion, and implementation of projects related to growth areas. You'll help us evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects. You will architect and craft new software product features, help drive projects to completion, define system technical use cases and architecture specification in alignment with business/product requirements.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer & Partner Experience Engineering (CPXE) is transforming the future of the world's networks through sophisticated software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world's most innovative businesses, leading Cisco's growth in multiple markets. CPXE develops products that demonstrate technologies from groundbreaking capabilities like big-data, analytics, Machine learning. Pioneering agile methodology, CPXE is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers. Our team, CPXE Innovation Lab, defines a strategic direction related to data to value technologies across the CPXE organization. The CPXE Innovation Lab team develops systems of insights in the area of Cloud, Data Center, Network and Service Provider. We are excited to have you join our team of expert data scientists and software engineers to work on projects that have global impact on the ONEx organization. In these projects, data scientist collaborates very closely with the business strategy, product management as well as engineering and the execution teams.
Who You Are
You've got a strong background in Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning system architecture, design, implementation and deployment. You have deep knowledge of software development background, on open source cloud technologies and application platforms and are a strategic problem solver (system level) that can look at the big picture, abstract workflows and provide technical assistance in technology to be used at the strategic level. If so, we're looking for you!
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Hands-on in ML passion in full-stack data/engineering challenges
- Solid background in statistics and machine learning is required, preferably with 5+ years of industry experience in AI/ML or related fields
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- General knowledge and expertise in end-to-end data science techniques
- Proficient in machine learning, information retrieval, applied statistics
- Ability to do exploratory analysis on big data and find key descriptive and inferential properties in large and diverse datasets
- Experience in Machine Learning and Deep Learning applied in various domains (Natural Language Processing, Image etc) and with different data modalities
- Experience in graph processing, graph-based knowledge representation, knowledge engineering, graph-based reasoning, graph embeddings, semantics
- Experience in Python (especially Pandas, NLTK, SpaCy, StanfordNLP, Scikitlearn, Keras, Pytorch libraries)
- Ability to communicate ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Eager to take ownership of projects and technical initiatives
- Superb communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.