Data Scientist GVE Digital Team
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Why You'll Love Cisco:
Are you ready to change the World? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, intelligent cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with expert mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As part of this team, you'll solve the most fascinating problems in machine learning, information retrieval, and Natural Language Processing. Your work will directly impact Sales Teams globally.
The algorithms you develop or tailor from open-source platforms will help solve some of the most persistent problems across the company, such as the ability to retrieve answers to questions automatically across devices and modalities (voice, text, image, etc.), predict propensity to buy, and predict the best course of action for Sales teams as they pursue opportunities.
This will be a very collaborative role. You will work with teams across CX, IT, and other organizations to develop, adapt, and deploy ML-based models that assist sellers with “guided and predictive selling”.
- You will apply machine learning and optimization algorithms to maximize the efficiency of our business and minimize risks.
- You'll build, validate, test and deploy predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and tackle a variety of business and engineering problems.
- You will identify, collect, and explore the right data used for predictive modeling and algorithm development.
Who You'll Work With
Global Virtual Sales and Engineering (GVSE) is one of the most innovative Sales Teams in Cisco. We set an example for the company and for the industry in Virtual Sales – which requires sharp sales skills combined with a “digital-first” mindset incorporating multiple technologies.
We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world.We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training, mentoring and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies. Our teams adapt swiftly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our communities and chosen volunteer organizations. We're such a big believer in corporate social responsibility (CSR) that we offer all of our employees five days per year to be able to focus on serving the CSR cause closest to their hearts.
Who You Are
- You are a self-starter who can collaborate well with multiple teams to find solutions to complex challenges
- You're a phenomenal communicator who can articulate the business and technical aspects of a project.
- You are motivated to help transform Cisco Sales into a “model-driven” business.
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields + at least 3 years of post graduate work and research experience in the machine learning field.
- Your prior experience with Natural Language Processing techniques and algorithms is a plus.
- Prior hands-on experience with Python, Java, or Scala and the capability to write reusable and efficient code to automate machine learning pipeline and data processes
- You've got experience with platforms such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
- You possess a deep understanding of machine learning and interest in applying it at scale
- You're experienced with data cleaning, preparation, and feature building and selection techniques
- Experience working with large datasets to tackle problems
- You have experience with deep learning library like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch is highly desirable
- Experience with GPU Computing is highly advantageous.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.