Data Scientist (Analysis) : Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
On Duo’s data science team, we use statistics and machine learning to bring new product capabilities to our customers and to empower our colleagues throughout Duo to make data-driven decisions. Are you passionate about learning from data and solving hard security problems to help organizations of all sizes? Do you want to work closely with a pragmatic and diverse group of data scientists, engineers, and security researchers in Duo’s industry-leading R&D team? Are you excited by the challenge of collecting and analyzing data to improve decision making and answer a wide variety of security related
questions? If yes, then you might be a good fit for this role.
What you'll do...
Conduct and publish research, such as the Trusted Access Report and the State of the Auth Report, using data from Duo’s production systems and from other sources, such as surveys you will design.
Help curate and responsibly maintain Duo’s product and business data, enabling and empowering stakeholders throughout the company.
Spearhead the internal consulting activities of the Data Science team.
Be an advocate for data literacy and empiricism at Duo.
You should have...
- Solid experience in curating, analyzing, and extracting meaning from data. You excel at recognizing and diagnosing data issues, and know what actions to take based on your findings.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of statistics, including topics such as experimental design, model selection, and hypothesis testing.
- Working knowledge of SQL and at least one data analysis environment (Python/pandas, R, etc.)
- A penchant for working collaboratively within and across teams.
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas to diverse stakeholders.
- A BS or MS in a quantitative field such as statistics or computer science (or equivalent experience).
- Interest in the security domain.
Even better if you have...
- Prior direct experience in information and network security.
- Experience maintaining, curating, or enhancing a product or business data warehouse.
- Familiarity with legal requirements and best practices for responsible use of sensitive data.
3 Reasons why you should apply...
- You are motivated by using data to improve decision making.
- A company culture of kindness, transparency, and learning.
Employees love Duo.
Ability to positively impact millions of users.
Customers love Duo.
This job may not be for you if...
- You stress under ambiguity and lack of precedent. We’re building something new and that often means clearing our own path.
- You want to focus on building and productionizing automated machine learning models. Look out for machine learning focused positions on our team.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employ