Data Science Analyst - (Intern) - India UHR
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Job Role: Data Science Analyst
In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and
We are Transformers
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
Who You'll Work With
ONEx Strategy & Planning, Business Insights team provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Cisco.
The team has specialized domains in 2 broad areas that function seamlessly to enable business outcomes through analytics for Cisco.
Specialized Domains are:
· Data Engineering
· Data Science/Data Analytics
Who you are:
• Experience in Data Science & analytics; 0-2 years of experience
• Ability to work cross functionally, very strong in business analytics,
• Previous experience in services will be helpful. Exposure to operational and
• Good in communication (ability to articulate analysis and present)
· Strong in both, operational and financial data analysis
· Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
· Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
· Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
· Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
· Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
· Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
· Ability to work on multiple assignments in parallel and keep up with deadlines and quality
· Articulate complex data in business terms and make recommendations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
· Skill to extract intelligence from data, derive business insights and present to business
WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an
inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39
years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an
intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back
is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought
and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We Are Cisco.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - “Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2024 passout only. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.”
Cisco's greatest strength is its people. To ensure that we hire the best talent in the right way, we follow a strict hiring process, and recently, Cisco has been made aware of fraudulent recruiters claiming to be from the company. Please be advised that any communication from Cisco recruiters about careers will:
· be in direct response to an application you have submitted through the company jobs site
· begin with screening or an interview
· originate from a Cisco email address, and
· be conducted across email, phone, or WebEx
Cisco will never make a job offer without conducting an interview process or ask candidates for payments in any way. All formal applications status can be viewed through https://jobs.cisco.com, with all offers coming from Cisco Recruiting mailer with directions to access via a secure portal. If you have been requested to apply for a role or have received an offer from sites or channels other than above mentioned, please do not provide any personal identifying information, including your Social Security or other personal identifying number, birth certificate, banking information, driver's license, or passport.
If you are the target of a recruiting scam, consider filing a report with your local law enforcement authorities. Cisco bears no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any claims, damages, expenses, or other inconvenience resulting from or in any way connected to recruiting scams.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.