Data Governance Quality Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You’ll Do
We are in the midst of a groundbreaking shift in Data Democratization within Cisco and the Data & Analytics organization. At the heart of this change is a foundational move to define and implement Data Democratization for Cisco at scale. In order to achieve this goal, the Enterprise Data Governance team must establish trust in data, trust and understanding in Enterprise Data’s quality. You will be a pragmatic, detail-oriented data architect who has a real passion for driving foundational change one step at a time. This is an ideal position for someone who has data lineage and root cause analysis skill.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Drive technical direction to establish data asset lineage and expectations throughout data life cycle
- Partner with cross functional stewards to establish Data Quality thresholds for completeness, accuracy, timeliness and overall data maturity. Build a framework that enables stewards to drive quality above established thresholds
- Position the work to establish data quality within data governance to be understood and easily articulated from a technical and business perspective
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data lineage and data transformation across Enterprise Data from creation to destruction
- Articulate strategic data requirements and outline high level integrated designs to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with solution architects to define the technical solution for data access, data movement, and data transformation.
- Collaborate closely with key business partners to promote effective business data governance
- Be responsible for establishing the Data Quality process for root cause analysis, issue management and resolution
You’ll work very closely with passionate, intelligent and creative team members and cross functional stakeholders all working collaboratively to drive program success, program governance, best practice with the ultimate goal of delivering the value and expected outcomes of strategic programs.
Who You Are
Our Minimum Qualifications for the Role are:
- The ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads, data scientists, product owners, enterprise architects and other functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Solid experience in developing data management practices at enterprise level.
- Expertise in architecture and development of real-time, enterprise scale OLTP and MDM solutions.
- Strong execution skills in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills, have demonstrated ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions
- You love working in a dynamic changing environment
- 8+ years' relevant experience
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.