Data Governance Catalog Specialist
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
Cisco Data and Analytics (D&A) Office’s charter is to accelerate Cisco’s journey to a data-driven business. We lead enterprise-wide data and analytics strategy, governance, policy development, and provide data and insights as a service for Cisco. The playing field is exceptionally dynamic, energized by Cisco’s vision to deliver highly secure, software-defined, automated and intelligent platforms for our customers and serve them in their digital transformation journeys. Our strategic priorities are to accelerate our pace of innovation, increase the value of the network, transform our business model, and instill empathy in all of our interactions.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced team member to be a part of our organization. This team is looking for a credible professional to support our growing Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance team deliver business value for stakeholders; by supporting them end to end on the journey to become data driven/analytics driven functions. You will equip cross functional teams with the proper tools, i.e. Machine Learning Data Catalog to explore available data sets, get access to the data and advance collaboration on data, breaking away siloes. You will support these users and enhance their user experience and speed to deliver analytics. You will also partner with the curators of the Machine Learning Data Catalog; to develop and build robust content and knowledge base.
As a Data Governance Project Specialist, you will:
- You will develop and populate the EDC Enterprise Data Catalog for functional areas; engage with Stewards and work on integrating existing metadata dictionaries and glossaries with the EDC; building automated scripts where applicable.
- You will leverage the metrics and data analysis on user adoption, user behavior, and gather insights and work on how we use data to make better informed business decisions in the roll out of the Machine Learning Data Catalog. This will further enhance the linking our data governance strategy to actual operational execution.
- You will participate in our day-to-day operational follow-up, from handling immediate tactical problems to owning a set of internal processes, catalog curation, catalog adoption, user experience, feedback, bug fixes, enhancement requests; This involves engaging with people across organizations and geographies and 3rd party vendors.
- You will take part in driving improvement initiatives across teams and functions. This builds your understanding for how we operate and strengthens our capacity to challenge the status quo mindset about governance at Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Data & Analytics is an exciting organization focused on delivering data driven, analytics-fueled solutions for complex business problems across the Enterprise. We are building a best-in-class team of hardworking, results-oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby building business impact. We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way. You will work with the cross functional network of users of the Enterprise Data Catalog; and enhance their user experience, provide support, and promote adoption. You will also partner with and manage 3rd party vendor contacts to provide the bug fixes and enhancements that are needed. You will partner closely with the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance leadership on strategy execution.
Who You Are
The Data Governance Project Specialist is self-motivated, driven, and truly excited about learning and imparting data knowledge through programs and technology during onboarding and long after. This person will work with Functional Data Domain leaders to build content and automation for our Metadata Catalog. You will also work directly with the broader D&A team to collect feedback that will drive our programs. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about our industry and solutions as they are about providing an exceptional data user experience through learning and training for the Machine Learning Metadata Catalog; and be well versed in the Data Compliance, Regulatory laws, Data Policies and effectively communicate and handle the sense of urgency in meeting compliance audits.
- You are not afraid to think creatively and apply creativity to your methods of execution and engagement
- You are very organized and are comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- You are able to juggle competing requirements and prioritize independently
- Work closely with the internal team developing data policies content and curating templates, articles, business context in the Metadata Catalog
- Evaluate Data Catalog program success and provide feedback to develop new training programs or improve existing programs
- Create materials (videos, documentation, announcements, etc.) to enable the larger data analyst and data scientist community to adopt data catalog; and keep users engaged
- You are comfortable in the liaison role between Business and Technical SMEs in data storytelling and presentations/communications on the data journey; and take tasks from start to completion with minimal supervision.
- You are a go getter!
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 3-5 years of enterprise project management experience, preferably within BI or Data organizations, with internal customer facing role
- Data Analytics experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management Information Technologies or related majors
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Database, SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience with Python, Java is plus
- Experience with SaaS, data management/BI products
- MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- MS Project, MS Visio a plus
- Excellent verbal/visual presentation and facilitation skills with ability to break down complex concepts into easily digestible pieces and keep an audience engaged
- Motivated about customer success and tenacious at driving long-term customer value
- Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Organized, responsible, self-motivated, creative problem solver with a drive to continuously improve
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.