Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
Cisco Data and Analytics (D&A) Office’s charter is to accelerate Cisco’s journey to a data-driven business. We lead enterprise-wide data and analytics strategy, governance, policy development, and provide data and insights as a service for Cisco. The playing field is exceptionally dynamic, energized by Cisco’s vision to deliver highly secure, software-defined, automated and intelligent platforms for our customers and serve them in their digital transformation journeys. Our strategic priorities are to accelerate our pace of innovation, increase the value of the network, transform our business model, and instill empathy in all of our interactions.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced team member to be a part of our organization. This team is looking for a credible professional to support our growing Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance team deliver business value for partners; by supporting the technical architecture of the Machine Learning Data Catalog to advance collaboration on data, across silos. You will support technical environments (non prod, Prod), release management, maintenance, access management process, documentation, Testing process, streamlining, managing technical metrics, and work on the backlog of technical items and enhancements to be addressed. You will work closely with the 3rd party admin and support teams to manage the enhancement requests.
As a Data Governance Architect, you will:
- Be the first line of defense for technical issues; handle support customer concerns and assist with troubleshooting and triaging incidents
- Ensure incoming issues and backlog of technical items are handled with the highest level of quality and efficiency
- Develop APIs, Python scripts for integrations of EDC with other metadata management tools
- Gather, manage and update the technical knowledge base; receive knowledge transfer from Enterprise Architects in order to drive product innovation and roadmap, capabilities.
- Enable us to deliver support at scale for Enterprise Data Catalog
§ Access Management, User Onboarding, Authorization and Authentication Processes; management of integrations between tools and access mgmt. portals
§ Testing UAT, BAT in a software to log test cases, repeat test cases, route as bugs or enhancement requests
§ Communications on changes, upgrades, downtime, etc. user engagement.
- Address items that need to be considered to up-level metadata Catalog as a Production application at Cisco and adhere to architectural guidelines established by Cisco Data & Analytics (e.g. Non Prod should be SSO enabled, Non Prod should be the latest copy of Prod, Development in Non Prod should be deployable to Production by Branches (Azure DevOps))
- Develop and execute action plans that contribute to the Product EDC metrics/measurements regarding user sentiment on support, any downtime %s per quarter, impact, etc.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Data & Analytics is an exciting organization focused on delivering data driven, analytics-fueled solutions for complex business problems across the Enterprise. We are building a best-in-class team of hardworking, results-oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby building business impact. We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way. You will work with the multi-functional network of users of the Enterprise Data Catalog; and enhance their user experience, provide support, and promote adoption. You will also partner with and manage 3rd party vendor contacts to provide the bug fixes and enhancements that are needed.
Who You Are
The Data Governance Architect is self-motivated, driven, and truly excited about imparting knowledge through programs, technology, and documentation. You will also work directly with the broader D&A team and Enterprise Architecture and Governance team to collect feedback that will drive our technology roadmap, capabilities programs. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about our industry and solutions as they are about providing an exceptional user experience through learning and training programs.
- You are not afraid to think creatively and apply creativity to your methods of execution and engagement
- You are very organized and are comfortable in a constantly evolving environment
- You are aware of the latest industry advancements in Data Management tools and technology offerings, i.e. Automated Data Lineage, Augmented Data Management, etc.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 5-8 years of enterprise data management software support experience, with internal customer facing role
- Solid Programming skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- Maintenance of environments and installing upgrades, monitoring system performance, configuration settings, testing of server hardware, operating and system management.
- Maintaining system access, monitor, control, evaluation, and creating disaster recovery processes and policies/procedures with documentation.
- Write up integration scripts and develop standards / thresholds for technical team
- Data Analytics experience preferred; identifying patterns and trends in data sets; and compiling reports for consumption and decision-making.
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.