Data Engineer - CX Data & Insights
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Any Cisco office
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is hiring a data engineer to accelerate predictive modeling and analytics in the CX Insights team. We're in the midst of an exciting time breaking down silos across the company and using data to transform the organization. The vision for the team is to design the best in class customer health metric with a layered suite of predictive & prescriptive analytics to automate how people digest and act on the information.
What You’ll Do
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will prepare an easily accessible high performance “big data” environment, with a focus on designing, building, and integrating large volume of data. You will manage big data for data science activities to drive decision making across the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work closely with data scientists and analysts to design, create and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
• Acquire and integrate data from various data sources (cloud, databases, Hadoop, sensors, weblogs and social)
• Process and analyze huge sets of data in Snowflake and GCP Big Query (both structured and unstructured)
• Perform data discovery, integration and identify / fix data quality issues
• Build automate data pipelines and produce feature rich analytical datasets
• Implement automated processes for tracking data quality and consistency
• Perform impact assessment and deep dive analysis to ensure data integrity, usability and completeness
• 5+ years hands-on implementation or consulting experience building large-scale systems
• 3+ years of Software Development experience
• BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus
• Solid PL/SQL, Database design and Python development skills
• Good understanding Database design and data modeling concepts
• Team player with positive can-do attitude, energetic and proactive
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience with NoSQL (SAP Hana, HBase, HDFS, Cassandra or MongoDB)
• Hands-on experience Snowflake, Spark, Python, GCP (BigQuery)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.