Data Engineer Bachelor's (Intern) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, North Carolina
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who You Are:
Data Engineers are focused on enabling a data driven approach to optimization by sourcing, maintaining and ensuring the availability of data used to drive full life cycle marketing insights to optimize CX’s marketing investments and the customer experience. They integrate both batch and streaming approaches to support standard business intelligence, as well as decision automation and machine learning requirements. Data engineers help make data much easier to understand and consume for others and have led to pivot to new technologies rapidly.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and support for development of an integrated Customer Experience data foundation that will enable extensive business intelligence and machine learning for CX Platform and extended user communities.
- Work with CX business and IT teams to ensure high quality, on-time deliverables that meet usability, scalability, quality and performance standards.
- Provide hands-on technical support for development, research and quality assurance testing.
- Apply a variety of technologies to ingest, transform, index, aggregate, correlate, provide API's, visualize and enable a spectrum of organizations across Cisco.
- Analyze structural requirements for data storage solutions and software
- Design architectures for technical systems as to ensure robustness, scalability, and completeness
We are seeking high energy and qualified candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- You're actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or related field
- Experience working with large datasets
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Who you'll work with:
You will work cross functionally with the Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing, and IT organizations, playing a leadership role in transforming Cisco by developing and implementing analytic models and intelligent automation to drive us toward a data-driven digital organization.
Digital Lifecycle Journey’s (DLJ) digital expertise makes us uniquely qualified to address the evolving expectations of today’s connected customers and partners, along with Cisco sellers. Using real-time connected data, machine learning, and automation; the team enables Cisco sellers and partners to deliver a powerful, personalized experience—throughout the entire customer lifecycle. DLJ is focused on providing customers with an immersive digital experience with Cisco. This in turn drives improvements in recurring revenue, cost savings and sales effectiveness for Cisco and its partners.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!