Within Cisco’s Security Business we are building a set of infrastructure solutions to enable our customers to create the most sophisticated security products in the market. We work in an exciting field supporting one of the strongest growth areas in the technology industry, in turn we are developing innovative cloud solutions and infrastructure engineering in a way to accelerate this growth. We operate over 60 Data centre footprints in 20 countries, offering a mix of public and private cloud capabilities delivered across a powerful globally connected multi-terabit network. If you’re interested in working within a broad engineering environment, enjoy working with an international community, and have the skills necessary to drive the growth of our product...we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
You will work as part of the Data Centre Engineering Team within our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering group, you will be part of a global team that supports all aspects of the data centre environment. Responsibilities will be for formulating the current data centre strategy to align with the growth of ourSaaS business. You will assess our business requirements and the state of the colocation market to drive long term decision making. Using your analytical skills, you will also be performing regular TCO/ROI analysis to extract efficiencies from the current infrastructure to help ensure a solid margin. Delivering services into our data centres from other vendors will be a key aspect of helping the growth of our SaaS business.
Key Responsibilities include:
● Working across the team to standardise the design and implementation of our Data Centres.
● Develop the current toolset to ensure full visibility into our Data Centre estate.
● Complete analysis on our space, power and cooling position to ensure it meets future demands.
● Alignment to our Capacity Management group supporting regular reporting on Data Centre. capacity trends.
● Translate business requirements into definitive plans.
● Undertake discovery of new markets and competitive positions in support of our product strategy.
● Managing the relationship with our colocation partners and other DC service suppliers.
● Undertaking Data Centre suitability analysis and present recommendations.
● Manage the Data Centre cost base and take responsibility for budget planning.
● Deploying services into a colocation environment.
Prior experience of deploying infrastructure into a colocation environment with a proven understanding of the colocation industry with focus on ISP/carrier connectivity and topology. You will be comfortable connecting with customers and vendors to gather requirements, using your analytical skill set to convert these to design and implement a strategy and taking a solution from concept to implementation.
● Genuine interest in Cloud Technologies and underpinning architecture.
● Demonstrable analysis skills.
● Experience in designing and building data centre infrastructure.
● Good communication skills and used to presenting data verbally and in reports.
● Proven track record of vendor management and engagement.
● Comfortable working and presenting at executive level.
● Experience with delivering service into a data centre.
● At least 3+ yrs experience in a similar role.
● Expert level data centre design.
● Good understanding of x86 or Cisco UCS compute.
● Experience of customer relationship management.
● Project delivery experience.
● Experience in networking, to CCNA level.
● Excellent verbal and written communication (experience of working to an exec level).
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.