Data Center / Routing & Switching Lead Solutions Architect
Location:New York, NY, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Role Description: Lead Solutions Architect to support major Financial client. The candidate will require strong advisory, consulting and interpersonal skills coupled with deep technology skills in Cisco Routing and Switching platforms, in addition to, Datacenter platforms. The candidate will possess a proven track record of successful planning, design, implementation and operational experience. The candidate will ensure that “Delivery Excellence” is provided in every aspect of their work efforts and relationships with the client.
Delivery Excellence: To take pride and ownership in delivering the utmost quality and reflect Cisco’s professionalism in daily work efforts, deliverables, and relationships. The ability to provide a clear vision of their role in the business, build strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, and foster an environment of trust and transparency.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Performs analysis of highly complex network designs.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- The Architect may perform any of the following components of the role breakdown depending on specific engagements:
Transactional Projects Project Engineering role:
Generates standard project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks.
May support pre-sales activity for highly complex networks.
Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
Transactional Projects Project Advisory role:
- Leads design workshop.
- Proactive Service & Support:
- Assists customer with deployment and strategy of highly complex tools and related Network Management Systems
Reactive Service & Support:
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Acts as a focal point for highly complex network problem resolution.
-6-8years relevant experience in network engineering.
- Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, DCN, Optical, IPCC; IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Ability to undertake support as designated CX LeadArchitect for large-scale networks.
Travel Requirements:100% onsite at client location in New York, NY.