Data Center Network Engineer / SRE
Location:Diegem, Brabant, Belgium
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
We are looking for a Sr Network Engineer to join the NWS Data Center Network team which strives to create efficient DC network to support Cisco Engineering and Business functions. We do this through a focus on driving growth in our data center network infrastructure while investing in new cutting edge technologies to enable us to deliver our services to meet our client requirements.
In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor, delivering on our commitments to clients. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing subject matter expertise and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Establishes networking environment by designing network configuration; directing and executing DC network infrastructure; defining, documenting, and enforcing standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with DC partners and BU on network optimization.
- Secures network infra by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Be able to look at complicated network systems to find flaws or room for improvement. Proactively identify opportunities for technology advancement
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of network technologies/solutions in support of defined requirements generated by internal customers and growth demands. Plans and executes highly complex network upgrade and migration activity.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Generates operational documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
- Assists with deployment and strategy of tools and related Network Management Systems. Helps with developing tools set to manage and maintain enterprise network
- Produce method of procedures that demonstrate understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
- Typically requires BS, CS, or equivalent plus 8+ year’s progressive experience in network infrastructure support.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols and Routing protocols
- Expertise on Data Center networking technologies
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (Catalyst, Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR, NX-OS and ACI)
- Expertise in network security including Security Risk Management, Security (Encryption), Identity and Access Management
- High Availability protocols and Load Balancing technologies SLB/GSLB, firewalls, SSL
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, N1kv) and understanding of compute (Linux, VMware, Openstack)
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Large-scale network infrastructure support skills. In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Any one or more of the following scripting skills Python, Perl, XML, JSON
- Basic level knowledge of Linux
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be creative and have initiative.
- Must have hands on experience with Python & Ansible
- Exposure to Agile methodology, CICD
- CCNP desired, CCIE and/or CISSP equivalent is a plus