Data Center Network Engineer / SRE
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We are looking for a Sr Network Engineer to join the NWS Data Center Network team which strives to build efficient DC network to support Cisco Engineering and Business functions. We do this through a focus on driving growth in our data center network infrastructure while investing in new cutting edge technologies to enable us to deliver our services to meet our client requirements.
In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a transparent contributor, delivering on our commitments to clients. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing domain expertise and rapidly responding to intensified issues.
- Establishes networking environment by crafting network configuration; advising and executing DC network infrastructure; defining, detailing, and enforcing standards.
- Improves network performance by supervising; solving network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with DC partners and BU on network optimization.
- Secures network infra by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and supervising access.
- Be able to look at complicated network systems to find flaws or room for improvement. Proactively find opportunities for technology advancement
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of network technologies/solutions in support of defined requirements generated by internal customers and growth demands. Plans and executes highly sophisticated network upgrade and migration activity.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly sophisticated networking problems.
- Generates operational documentation including detailed test plan for highly sophisticated networks.
- Assists with deployment and strategy of tools and related Network Management Systems. Helps with developing tools set to manage and maintain enterprise network
- Produce method of procedures that demonstrate understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
- Typically requires BS, CS, or equivalent plus 8+ year’s progressive experience in network infrastructure support.
- Solid grasp in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols and Routing protocols
- Expertise on Data Center networking technologies
- Expertise on the latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (Catalyst, Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR, NX-OS and ACI)
- Expertise in network security including Security Risk Management, Security (Encryption), Identity and Access Management
- High Availability protocols and Load Balancing technologies SLB/GSLB, firewalls, SSL
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, N1kv) and understanding of compute (Linux, VMware, Openstack)
- Expert level internetworking solving problems in a large-scale network environment.
- Large-scale network infrastructure support skills. In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Anyone or more of the following scripting skills Python, Perl, XML, JSON
- Basic level knowledge of Linux
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be creative and have initiative.
- Must have hands on experience with Python & Ansible
- Exposure to Agile methodology, CICD
- CCNP desired, CCIE and/or CISSP equivalent is a plus
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.