Data Center Hardware & Network Engineer
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying, configuring and managing distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time.
Today, Dashboard is run primarily on our own infrastructure in data centers across the globe. Our SRE Data Center Operations team build and manage scalable and secure data centers that power Dashboard and many other applications. We are looking for a hardware and network technician to build and support our servers and network devices as we continue to expand into new regions.
- Managing the day to day Servers, Storage and Network of our inventory across our Global Datacenters and US Federal Government services.
- Monitoring of our ticket queues for hardware and network related issues that require resolution
- Turning up new servers and network devices
- Troubleshooting in a linux environment
- Collaborating with our SRE team, developing the best in class network solutions
- Travel required: 40-60%
You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 2-5+ years server management, hardware and network troubleshooting experience
- US Citizenship required
- 1-2+ years Linux coding experience
- Experience in PXE config and bootstrapping Linux systems
- Growth mindset and an ability to work with partner Engineering teams to develop the most simple and effective solutions
- Experience in managing commercial server inventory systems (ServiceNow. Jira ServiceDesk, etc.)
- Vendor management experience (Remote Hands)
- Hardware repair, IT networking, troubleshooting LAN & WAN
- Physically able to lift up to 40lbs.
Bonus points for:
- Hardware replacement experience
- ITIL experience
We know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.