Data Center Architect
Location:Denver, Colorado, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Compensation Range122900 USD - 198000 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Service Provider
Who You'll Work With
The role holder is responsible for leading sophisticated network consultancy, design, implementation, and support to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. Activities will include in-depth analysis, design (both for high and lower level network solutions), deployment, support and consultancy. The role holder will be "Cisco's face to the customer as a trusted adviser", working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering our commitments. You will work across multiple Cisco teams to translate single solutions into repeatable solutions that can be leveraged for these customers. You will have significant customer interaction including architecture and leading early-stage pilots and sharing your thought leadership in various industry forums. In addition to being aligned with the customers’ strategies, the Architect needs to be aligned closely with all Cisco Customer Experience teams engaged at the customer sites. This includes providing clear and concise customer requirements; ensuring the Cisco team is working towards the correct integrated solution for the customer; the customer is understanding of the proposed Cisco solution; and that any potential gap or issue is identified quickly and brought to the attention of the correct Cisco team members to resolve. This involvement with internal Cisco teams will include providing key account updates to management while working across functional areas with Solution Architects, Network Consulting Engineers, Sales and Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Lead and support on aspects of Data Center / DC Virtualization / Automation / Networking / Security domain from requirements capture/definition through customer.
- Interpret client needs, assess the full requirements, and identify suitable solutions
- Lead and support the service delivery, network solution design, and implementation of the project.
- Provides remote or onsite deployment support.
Who You Are
- CCIE R/S or CCIE DC certified. VCP, RedHat Certification a plus
- Understanding of Security and Data Center architectures, including virtualization, experience in planning, design & implementation of Data Center infrastructure and security technologies
- Rich design and demonstrable experience on DCNM/VXLAN or ACI technology with Multi-POD. Knowledge and experience on Multi-Site ACI is a plus
- Deep understanding of Data Center Virtualization, Cisco UCS B-Series, C-Series, X-Series, Hyperflex and Cisco Intersight integration
- Good understanding and knowledge on Java, Linux, Python, Virtualization, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Container
- Will be able to design, deploy & support Cisco data center products with hands-on experience in operation and configuration of Cisco network devices (e.g. routers, switches, Load Balancers, Storage Networks, Application Optimizers, UCS Servers and MDS SAN products.
- Hands on experience with Nexus Product Family (N9K, N7K, N5K, N2K), and Fabric Path, VXLAN, DCNM, ACI, DCI, OTV technologies, as well as Catalyst series switches (2960/3560/3750/4500/6500/6800, etc
- Public / Private Cloud experience and knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, Effective consulting and communication skill
- Well-versed in industry trends
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.