Location:Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
As a Data Architect you will be leading and designing data systems, strategies and processes to support reporting requirements for Collaboration business unit. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering cutting edge solutions to support the changing business needs and technology landscape. You will be working closely with our product owners, data engineers and business teams and assist them in their data gathering, analysis, visualizations and reporting needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership and drive data technology roadmap delivery
- Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of Infrastructure BU’s data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
- Design highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring.
- Provide conceptual and logical data architecture to support our visualization, modelling and machine learning teams.
- Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
- Document business requirements and technical architecture and translate the requirements into technical designs for implementation, manage key solution artifacts.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns using variety of techniques to meet business needs.
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings of information and curate data assets relevant for business requirements.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data
- Track and report development progress and performance on a regular basis.
- Collaboration with geographically dispersed team.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in data architecture, data warehousing and data lake platforms
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Experience with latest cloud technologies like Google Cloud, AWS, snowflake, Alteryx etc.
- Hands on knowledge of relational database (Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Experience in working with structured and unstructured data
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.