Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Who are we?
We are the Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) and we run the entire Collaboration portfolio at Cisco that includes Webex Meetings, the Webex App, Calling, Meeting Devices, and Contact Center. We help our customers around the world collaborate more securely and effectively.
Who will you work with?
You will be part of the Webex Data & Analytics team, a group of highly motivated and experienced data engineers and data analysts. Our work covers the whole data lifecycle, from data ingestion and modeling to data visualization and insight discovery. We work with multi-functional teams to facilitate new business models and process improvements with data and insights. You will learn from industry professionals, and we will value your ideas and perspective.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with data and can help us drive the data culture in one of the largest SaaS businesses in the world. You are a self-driver, a team-worker, a bridge between data and business. You are willing to continually learn and be passionate about working in a wide range of product areas in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You work well independently and as part of a team, having the self-confidence that allows you to lead some days and follow others based on what is needed for the desired outcomes. You are a hands-on practitioner who enjoys diving deep into data but who is also full of creative ideas of telling stories with the data to improve business understanding and processes.
- Build and automate data pipelines and produce feature rich analytical datasets.
- Perform data discovery and integration, and identify / fix data quality issues.
- Work with internal team members, cross-functional teams, and stakeholders to craft compelling, interactive, and powerful reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements/questions into actionable data analytical support by data source of transactions, technical support cases, usages, and other online data from the product websites.
- Present data-based findings and insights to stakeholders.
- Be a cooperative partner for business stakeholders for a wide range of data-oriented activities.
- 3~5 years’ experience in the world of corporate data analytics/BI
- BA/BS degree required, Computer Science, Math, Statistic, or technical background highly desired, advanced degree a plus
- Strong SQL skills. Python, R a plus
- Hands-on experience in BI tools (Tableau, Power BI), DAX skills a plus
- Solid knowledge of data visualization concepts
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake or MS SQL Server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in software project management a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we are “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we are also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!