Data Analyst - Test Automation - Acacia
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
We are in need of a BI Report Writer and Data Analyst with a background in Engineering to work with test measurement data to accomplish the following
- Use SQL and PHP to build business intelligence dashboard (accessed by multiple team users),
- Engage in deep dive analysis related to the products and usage patterns with a view toward generating new insights and assessing impact of change.
- Present statistics findings to engineering team for performance and trends analysis, and senior management team for strategic planning.
- Work with various test measurements data users to gather reporting requirements and understand the intent of reports and provide necessary suggestions.
- Responsible for end-to-end BI report development for Internal and External users.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience
- Experience working with test and measurement data either as an Engineer or in an Engineering environment
- Experience with working on large applications by interacting with them to get data driven feedback and resolve their issues.
- Extensive experience with design and development of graphical reports.
- Strong experience in numeric and data analysis and understanding database schema.
- Analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions & developing recommendations.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using SQL.
- Good experience in converting the Business Requirements into Technical Specifications. Extensively used SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, triggers, indexes, transactions and ER Diagrams.
- Analyze/Tuning the queries, schema, and index in order to improve performance.
- Languages SQL, PHP
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!