Data Analyst - Methods and Intelligence
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in USA, but not Bay Area
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You’ll Do?
Methods and Intelligence provides key insights that lead to better decisions, simplifies the complexity and volume of information available to leaders, provides data expertise at the right time, gives a voice to the entire employee base, and provides understanding of team and leader journeys and events. The team needs a data scientist to help find and share these insights as we unlock the potential of teams and team leaders.
Who You'll Work With
Methods and Intelligence, part of Inclusive Growth in Cisco People and Communities, is helping advance the company by understanding what our employees need to succeed and creating more teams like our best teams at Cisco.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, data geek, expert storyteller, and data detective.
- Apply data science to take on a variety of business and people challenges
- Compile and analyze data from various sources to provide business insights across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types
- Use advanced analysis to further our collective understanding of what makes successful employees, teams, and leaders and help us share that information with our company and the world
- Simplify and visualize results for mass consumption by non-technical audiences across the company
- Develop, run, and validate predictive models in partnership with analytics team
- Deliver data insights to achieve measurable business outcomes
- Master’s Degree in Predictive Analytics, Data Science, Decision Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
- 2-4 years professional experience in a role applying predictive analytics to solve business challenges
- Ability to understand a data landscape, identify unusual insights through analysis, and summarize findings for broad audiences
- Deep knowledge of current data science techniques, tools, and processes including expertise in advanced analytics and predictive analytics such as clustering, machine learning, significance testing, time-series analysis, factor analysis, principal component analysis, regression, etc.
- Experience and passion around analysis of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data (both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Expertise in programming and advanced statistical analysis in R or Python
- Demonstrable experience using data visualization to tell compelling stories with data
- Motivated to work individually and as part of a team
- Superb communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to validate own work
- Skilled in explaining complex findings and approaches to untechnical or junior-level audience
- Understanding of I/O Psychology and/or Human Resources
- Experience analyzing survey results in the study of people and behaviors
- Curiosity and propensity to experiment
- Ability to create dashboards in Tableau
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!