Data Analyst Intern - Portugal
Area of InterestInformation Technology
- Performs statistical modeling and analysis of structured and unstructured datasets to develop metrics, reports and visualisations of trends and patterns.
- Works with technology organization and business end-users to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements.
- Partners with development and data management roles to identify and capture data required from internal and external sources.
- Creates and maintains statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data.
- Uses data visualisation programs, tools and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling, understanding and interpretation of trends and patterns of business importance.
- Build and maintain data pipelines in support of analytics projects and reports.
- Have a solid focus on internal customers, professional demeanour, and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks and technology rapidly as changes arise.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to answer specific business questions and audit data quality.
- Currently in penultimate year of studies pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree (being a student for the duration of the internship is a must)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is a must (knowledge of other European language is a plus),
- “Can do” attitude and team player in global environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Data & Analytical skills (programming, data visualisation, automation)
- Problem-solving skill
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with global teams
- Keen to learn
- Customer focused
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Proactive, taking Ownership to drive execution / solve challenges
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
🌈 Why Cisco?
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.