Data Analysis for Wireless Deployments- Internship- Switzerland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
In order to strengthen our young and dynamic team, we are looking for a intern to join our team in EPFL (virtually for the moment)
Internship duration: 4-6 months
Start date: Flexible, ideally July or August 2021
Location: Cisco, EPFL Innovation Park, Lausanne, Switzerland (it may be partly or totally remote)
Cisco is the biggest provider of networking solutions, supporting numerous enterprises and infrastructures around the world. Our devices are the backbone that’s connecting millions of people around the world every day. To assure service, we rely on a variety of quality indicators and privacy-guarding solutions that help each deployment perform optimally.
To handle the data complexity, our wireless telemetry and data analysis team is always evaluating new approaches and analytics. For the coming semester, we’re looking for an intern to work with our engineers to develop a prototype of a new data analysis tool, aimed at automated data interpretability.
The assignment will require efforts in the areas of:
- Statistical data analysis and data sampling
- Non-supervised machine learning
- Visualization of complex data queries.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major with 4.5 GPA or higher
- Creative problem-solving mindset
- Willing to learn and work in a team
- Experience in data analysis and good knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Python (familiarity with the following a plus: numpy, scipy, pandas, flask, fastapi)
- Basic understanding of computer networks and networking technologies
- Familiarity with UI/UX is a plus
- Familiarity with Spark and Redis is a plus
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!