Cybersecurity Technical Solutions Specialist - Malaysia
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What you’ll get to do:
The Technical Solutions Specialist's (TSS) main responsibility is to provide technical guidance and sales support on the Cisco Security Solution Portfolio. Candidates should have expertise around Network Security (including NGFW/NGIPS), Network Visibility and Enforcement (Stealthwatch or similar, Identity Services Engine and Anyconnect VPN) Cloud security (Email, Web, Anti-Spam, Cloudlock, Umbrella, WSA/CWS ) and Advanced Threat Solutions such as Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) and AMP for Endpoints as well as a solid background in the security domain generally. Candidates should be able to explain how technical solutions can be applied to solve business problems and should be able to speak the languages of business and technical decision-makers alike.
Who you’ll get to work with:
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolios that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
What you'll love to do:
- Support the activities of the GSSO and general Sales team through direct support of identified customer opportunities, Partner identification and development.
- Promote the technical value and benefits of Cisco Security solutions and encourage partners to utilize Cisco technology.
- Build trusted technical advisor relationships with Customers and leaders of various partner groups, linking the Cisco vision to relevant business strategies. Present and demonstrate technical solutions in a business-relevant way to all levels of the customer and Partner organisation.
- Use Cisco defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle, implementing relevant Cisco enablement programs and tools to drive Security sales opportunities.
Solution and Architectural Selling
- Explain the elements of the Cisco Security solutions and architecture and how they're interconnected with all elements of the Cisco portfolio, ensuring that the features and benefits of Cisco technology are understood and valued by Customers.
- Help partner technical sales teams design innovative architectural solutions that drive strategic objectives and help differentiate partner offerings.
- Ensure the detailed features, functionality and architectural impact of Cisco technology in your designs and proposals are understood, valued and communicated.
- Build a working knowledge of technology shifts that impact security and other architectures. For example, the role of Software Defined Networking and Data Centre Architectures.
Who you are
- University degree in a technical field or equivalent
- At least 3 years of pre-sales SE experience out of which 2 years of experience in the security field
- Some form of in-depth experiences such as enterprise architecture, security operations or compliance auditing
- Cisco CCIE is highly regarded
Personal and Organisational Development
- Maintain personal organization and time management
- Be diligent to details and always follow-up with Technical Acumen and Foundation Knowledge
- Bring and further develop outstanding presentation skills
- Work flexibly to achieve your goals using the various internal and external resources available
- Invest time in learning about technology shifts, and communicate the relevant aspects to customers and partners
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetworking equipment would be beneficial
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.