Cybersecurity Systems Engineer, CloudSecurity - Umbrella
Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Additional Location(s)Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
As Consulting System Engineer, Cloud Security at Cisco, you will be responsible for presenting, demonstrating and architecting solutions to seek the cybersecurity needs of some of the most influential companies in the region. You are highly accomplished with web security, networking and cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) be a self-starter, act as an industry domain authority, and strive to help Cisco make customers for life.
In this job you will:
- Build a sustainable, scalable line of business for Cloud Security whilst meeting or exceeding agreed sales targets.
- Participate in technical sales calls and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Work with core Cisco security teams, customers and partners to review product direction, key technical issues, strategic Sales opportunities. Thus ensuring solutions meet customer requirements and address nowadays and future needs.
- Provide cooperative technical security and product expertise to the Cloud Security team as well as the larger Cisco sales organisation.
- Assist with the successful preparation and transition of new customers into the Customer Success program.
- Effectively interact with internal teams to scope and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities.
Key Activities and Metrics:
- Analyse and technically qualify sales opportunities, responding to bids/tenders
- In-depth product presentations, demonstrations and management of prospect evaluations.
- Articulate the high-level benefits of the full Cisco Security architecture to our target audiences (typically senior security management up to CISO and CIO).
- Partner with Sales to develop strategies that will help meet or exceed Sales targets for the region.
- Construct excellence methodologies for presentations, demos, and Proof of Value exercises as well as overall win strategy.
- Assist in the delivery of technical training modules to Cisco Sales and Systems Engineering representatives in your region, including on-going development of the team.
- A consultative sales approach and a genuine personal commitment to customer success.
- A commitment to timely customer communication and excellent customer service.
- An organised, strategic process-orientated approach to maximise on the market opportunity.
- Effective prioritising and ability to work with remote, globally based teams.
- Confirmed project coordination and multi-functional project team experience.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present technical information, team and operational status to creative, technical, and senior management staff.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of a standout technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our cloud-delivered security solutions. The Cloud Security team is part of Cisco’s Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
As consultative technical (pre-sales) professional, you will support the Sales organization working directly and closely with prospective customers, and handling all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through to a successful deployment.
This is a highly visible and highly impactful team – You will have a compelling opportunity to impact the business and advance your career.
Who You Are
We would like you to bring:
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a comparable pre-sales position supporting the sales cycle in Networking or Security solutions.
- Confirmed experience winning high-value customers and driving company impacting projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking technology – Windows networking, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms (e.g.: Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, AWS, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Okta, OneLogin, Dropbox, Box, etc.)
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- Industry practical knowledge.
- Knowledge of the broader threat landscape and the ability to extract technology trends, explain complex behaviours in simple terms.
- Interpersonal skills (building relationships with the security technical community).
- Strong work ethic, flexible and willing to travel extensively throughout the region.
- Consistent track record of handling and winning technical high value IT security opportunities.
- A positive attitude and friendly outgoing personality. A driven standout colleague.
- Fluent in English.
Desired / Good to Have:
- 3 years of enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with advanced threat or cloud security products.
- Validated experience with scripting languages such as Python, and API frameworks such as REST / SOAP.
- Prior experience of Cisco Security or other vendor Cloud Security solutions is advantageous.
- Strong network security skills that would include hands-on experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat along with other appropriate certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT, GCIH, CEH etc).
- Advanced level network technology certifications (e.g. CCNP, CCIE, CCSP, JNCIE etc).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.