Cybersecurity Sales Specialist - US Commercial
Location:Offsite, Dallas, Texas, US
Area of InterestSecurity
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Cybersecurity Sales Specialist role open in our Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO)! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering extraordinary technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen.
Check out the details:
- Develop and lead security account plans and strategies for each assigned Region and the accounts assigned to it leveraging all available resources (executive sponsors, marketing, technical, services, Cisco on Cisco, etc).
- Drive double-digit revenue growth through new project identification, creation, and attach opportunities.
- Forecast and report activity accurately in line with expectations using SalesForce.com
- Identify major projects within the largest accounts and lead activities to improve product and services revenue across the account base.
- Provide customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required
- Forge high-level relationships within critical strategic accounts to win incremental product and service business
- Partner closely with technical resources to ensure technical excellence in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, and exchanges
- Team with Cisco Channel Team and authorized channel partners on new and current sales opportunities leveraging their capabilities where appropriate.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be responsible for all sales of Cisco Security technologies and associated services. You must be able to forge and grow new relationships within the customer and partner base via both direct and indirect touch to drive significant revenue growth while ensuring internal alignment.
Who You Are
- Direct touch sales combined with experience working in a matrixed organization and working with partners to improve results
- Experience selling software-based solutions such as network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies) or Network and Systems management solutions
- Minimum of 8 years of overall sales experience with at least 3 years selling Security solutions
- Proven/Quantifiable record of over-achievement
- Large, deal management experience as well as geographic territory execution of account and partner plans
- Able to build and execute on an account plan which factors in a total systems-based security approach
- Adept at presenting to a largely technical audience
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to increase corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities
- Good all-round knowledge of Security Market
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Proactive with the ability to succeed in a multifaceted environment
- High level of attention to detail, able to demonstrate competence building and executing a large geographic plan across multiple accounts
- Ability to travel is required
Why Cisco Security?
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous, and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control, and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair- Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.