Cyber Security Consulting Systems Engineer, Singapore
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What you’ll do.
The Consulting System Engineer (CSE’s) primary responsibility is to provide technical guidance and sales support on the Cisco Security Solution Portfolio. Candidates should have expertise around Network Security (including NGFW/NGIPS), Network Visibility and Enforcement (Stealthwatch or similar, Identity Services Engine and Anyconnect VPN) Cloud security (Email, Web, Anti-Spam, Cloudlock, Umbrella, WSA/CWS ) and Advanced Threat Solutions such as Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) and AMP for Endpoints as well as a strong background in the security domain generally. Candidates should be able to explain how technical solutions can be applied to solve business problems, and should be able to speak the languages of business and technical decision makers alike.
- Support the activities of the GSSO and general Sales team through direct support of identified customer opportunities, Partner identification and development.
- Promote the technical value and benefits of Cisco Security solutions.
- Encourage partners to utilise Cisco technology.
- Build trusted technical advisor relationships with Customers and leaders of various partner groups, linking the Cisco vision to relevant business strategies. Present and demonstrate technical solutions in a business relevant way to all levels of the customer and Partner organisation.
- Use Cisco defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle, implementing relevant Cisco enablement programs and tools to drive Security sales opportunities.
Solution and Architectural Selling
- Explain the elements of the Cisco Security solutions and architecture and how they're interconnected with all elements of the Cisco portfolio, ensuring that the features and benefits of Cisco technology are understood and valued by Customers.
- Help partner technical sales teams design innovative architectural solutions that drive strategic objectives and help differentiate partner offerings.
- Ensure the detailed features, functionality and architectural impact of Cisco technology in your designs and proposals are understood, valued and communicated.
- Build a working knowledge of technology shifts that impact security and other architectures. For example the role of Software Defined Networking and Data Centre Architectures.
Who you’ll work with
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Who you are
- University degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience in the security field
- At least 5 years of pre-sales SE experience
- Some form of in depth experience such as enterprise architecture, security operations or compliance auditing
- Cisco CCIE very highly regarded
Personal and Organisational Development
- Maintain personal organisation and time management
- Be attentive to details and always follow-up
- Bring and further develop outstanding presentation skills
- Work flexibly to achieve your goals using the various internal and external resources available
- Technical Acumen and Foundation Knowledge
- Invest time in learning about technology shifts, and communicate the relevant aspects to customers and partners
- Maintain up to date Cisco product knowledge
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetworking equipment would be beneficial
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.