Cyber Range Solutions Architect
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
The Business Entity, team and the requirement
By offering a complete portfolio of business and technology services, Cisco Customer Experience (CX) ensure that customers achieve successful business outcomes. Cisco CX has built a simulated environment that provides specialized technical training workshop to help Customer’s security staff build the skills and experience necessary to combat modern cyber threats by allowing the staff to play the role of both attacker and defender to learn the latest methods of vulnerability exploitation and the use of advanced tools and techniques to mitigate and remove threats.
APJC CX Security team has an immediate need for a senior cyber range architect who will be working as part of a dynamic and highly skilled team, The position offers interesting work for knowledgeable and experienced consultants with strong security design & operations expertise and highly developed customer-facing consulting skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Working in the APJC team of the Security Services Practice, the role of a Cyber Range Architect is to provide technical and Cyber Range practice leadership across the spectrum of information and cyber security with a very strong focus on Enterprise and Service Provider Security. The role requires a mix of security architecture & operations experience, pre-sales expertise, leadership of virtual teams for delivery of complex projects, and deep and wide technical expertise to support internal and external stakeholders. This is a regional role & the selected candidate will at the minimum
· Own the Cisco’s cyber range simulation & training platform architecture and mentor the cyber range trainers & developers in various countries and development centers.
· Develop training scenarios utilizing the Cyber Range platform and determine baseline configurations for training classes and cyber exercises.
· Conceptualize, design and develop simulated attack scenarios & how they can be responded to using Cisco’s and our partner products.
· Lead the evolution of the current cyber range platform into a state of the art Next Gen platform that incorporates the latest Cisco & our partner security products
· Collaborate with the Cisco’s security service product management teams to drive key concepts, designs, document architectural expectation and align with key stake holders.
· Stay abreast of industry trends, and assess new technologies to ensure that our platform and service offers are market leading.
· Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to conducting training on our Cyber range platforms and configuration and assisting with the implementation of training, exercise, and event virtual enclaves.
· Represent the Cisco Security Solutions team on internal and external events
· At least 10+ years of security experience is required which must include customer-facing roles together with clearly demonstrable experience of multi-vendor solutions.
· At least 5+ years of experience in security operations, defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
· Expert knowledge in cybersecurity concepts such as network vulnerabilities, network attack vectors, attack signatures, and technical mitigation.
· Knowledge of security products and hands-on deployment knowledge in NetFlow analysis , Next-generation firewall/IPS, Identity Services Engine , TrustSec, Web security, Email Security , Wireless Security, Virtual Security and big data analytics.
· Good knowledge in modern threat detection and analysis methodologies, system-level attacks and mitigation methods with a core competency in Windows and Linux.
· Good to have Splunk, SIEM and Big Data Mining skills
· Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
· Extremely strong technical account liaison and customer management, consulting skills are mandatory.
· Experience in architecting and deploying Cyber Range test beds and solutions, associated training services
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject is assumed and an advanced degree
· MBA or MSc in Information Security is preferred.
· CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH and CHFI qualifications are all beneficial as is BS7799/ISO27000 lead auditor and Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE).
· CCIE R&S and Security is beneficial
· Experience in the configuration and working with a wide variety of technology including but not limited to: camera systems, Industrial Control Systems, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, building management systems, and radio frequency (RF) communications devices will be an added advantage.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.