Customer Support Engineer - SV/UCS
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do:
- Customer problem resolution: Active participation in trouble shooting and fixing issues reported by customer.
- Talent development: IC digitization, content creation – videos, articles
- Engineering Engagement: Building strong relationship with Engineering for on-going product issues
Who You'll Work with:
High Value Technical Services is a team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experiences. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance (TAC) is aligned to the GTC's three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years IP Networking experience; Working knowledge of Networking industry, products, and protocols
- At least 5+ years' experience with Cisco Routing products such as 7600, GSR, ISR, ASR9k, CRS, Nexus 7k
- Experience working on Internet Service provider infrastructure
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Industry standard Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), MPLS, MPLS L2 VPN, MPLS L3 VPN, QoS.
- Advanced Routing protocols troubleshooting expertise is mandatory.
- Customer-centric with excellent skills in providing an unforgettable customer experience in each transaction
- Has worked on Hands on in resolving customer complex to highly complex network issues.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. These are mandatory as the role is focused on Global delivery
- Strong documentation skills--to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and training.
- Very strong problem solving skills--will be utilized often as this position covers all Cisco Routing technologies.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP--IP knowledge is critical as it is the foundation for most Cisco Routing technologies.
- Working knowledge of handling network down situations--this role will be handling S1/S2 Service Requests with limited supervision.
- Ability to drive recreates remotely--many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem in order to isolate the issue and resolve.
- CCIE in Routing Switching / Service Provider is preferred.
- Python coding skills highly desirable.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.