Customer Support Engineer - Data Center
Additional Location(s)Lisbon, Portugal
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Help: You are a trusted technical authority. You will guide your customers in solving puzzles of highly complex issues in their systems, solutions or networks. You will deliver a superb experience in a difficult situation. You will collaborate with your customers over mail, phone, Webex.
- Be sharp: You will be available for our customers, ready to jump into a new problem situation. You'll cooperate with your customer to resolve the issue while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Learn: Be the first to lay your hands on the latest and greatest in the field of software defined, self-orchestrating, self-optimizing networks technology space. You will get to work on technologies of tomorrow, today.
- Innovate: We'll encourage you to be creative. We'll give you freedom to question the way you and the team work.
- Collaborate: You are not alone. Your team members and you form a tribe together. You'll collaborate with top authorities across Cisco.
- Share: You'll author case studies and guides. You'll train junior engineers and help others reach their full potential.
- Broaden your view: You will work with colleagues across the globe with different cultural, gender, lingual and technical backgrounds.
Who You'll Work With
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides second and third level support to our customers around the world. We jump in to help when their network or solutions experience hiccups. Are you ready to assist when nobody else knows how to fix the issue?
Various technology teams exist within TAC. Here are a couple of examples:
- Our Storage Team makes sure you can watch online movies and series in magnificent quality.
- Our ACI team helps hospital restore the connection between the X-ray machine and the doctor.
- Our Server Virtualization team helps your groceries store build an online shop.
In Customer Experience (CX), we continuously support our customers in making their customers' lives better. Do you want to help? We invite you to join us in this endeavor being a part of our family.
Who you are
Does this sound like you?
Problem solver: You are analytical, and you know how to resolve problems.
Empathy: You're able to keep customers happy and stress levels down during difficult situations. You dream about customer success.
Technical Wizard: Obviously you are an authority in your technology field. Here are some the skills we look for (choose the team you love.)
- Virtualization: VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Server & OS: UCS B & C, Microsoft Windows and Linux-based OS
- Storage area networks concepts: FC, FCoE
Application Aware: You know your way around application stacks (Linux, Unix). You can read scripts and can do basic things in Python (or Erlang, Bash)
Communicate: You have proficient communication skills (in English.)
Education: You are Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Computer Science or have similar experience.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Cisco Certification: CCIE or CCNP
- Certification in virtualization technologies (Openstack, VMware, RedHat, Microsoft)
- Database experience: SQL, noSQL, Mongo, MySQL
- You have worked in a similar support role or in a data center
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.