Customer Support Engineer – Cloud Security
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Support Team in London. At Cisco Umbrella, Customer Support is marketing. Helping our customers is the best way to add value to our brand and you are our ambassador in this mission. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing medium-sized distributed team where you will be able to offer outstanding technical expertise for our established products (Cisco Umbrella and Cloudlock) used and loved by tens of millions around the world. You will also work on our newly released product, Secure Internet Gateway (SIG). You will act like the customer’s paragon to ensuring that Cisco Cloud Security provides them with the best possible experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Respond to user technical support requests by phone and email
- Diagnose and provide solutions to technical issues
- Research issues while maintaining communication with end-users.
- Advance issues to Tier II and Tier III support, as needed
- Build end-user documentation and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Multitask efficiently
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced professional environment
- Solving problems accurately, creatively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Work well in a distributed team environment
- Multi-functional teamwork
- Able to work weekends on a rotational schedule
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Security support team delivers outstanding technical consulting and support to a large portion of Cisco’s customer base. Our vision is to drive customer dedication through compelling support experience and our team does this every single day by solving sophisticated, confusing, and often groundbreaking network security problems. Do you want to innovate with us impact the world in the constant fight for secure networking?
Who You Are
- You've achieved a Bachelor's degree, or have accrued relevant past work experience, in a technical field (CS/CE/EE preferred) and have 2+ years of experience in network support.
- You have validated experience and a real passion for supporting network security products.
- You're experienced at solving sophisticated networking issues and have a superb grasp of core networking theory.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills for answering technical inquiries with customer follow-up.
- You have a desire to expand your skills, move into new areas.
- You are diligent to details and analytical.
- You hold a CCNA (R&S or Security) certification or have equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of job related work experience
- Product-specific support experience
- Familiarity troubleshooting/understanding LAN/WAN environments, Active Directory, DNS, multiple OS platforms
- Advanced Wireshark analysis
- Web Proxy support experience
- Familiarity with Firewall, ISR or VPN
- Familiarity with ZenDesk, JIRA
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
At Cisco, each person brings their outstanding talents to work as a team and makes a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change the social norms. We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, digital content connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.