Customer Success Specialist
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
While reading our job description, please remember - we understand from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply if you feel you are the right person for the job and have the aptitude to learn and deliver results 🙂
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a technical consultant that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organisation, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
- Provide technical Consultancy Services to a broad set of customers to allow them to realise the true business benefits of Cisco’s latest subscription-based solutions.
- Guide customer Day2 operations teams around standard process and maximising the return on their investment in Cisco technologies.
- Work with customers and partners to identify and remove adoption barriers for Cisco’s latest subscription-based solutions.
- Educate the customer around new product features and create pragmatic roadmap/vision of the logical steps towards accepting these new capabilities.
- Simulate customer scenarios in test labs to remove adoption barriers and/or guide the customer to implement new features.
- Through virtual and face-to-face customer interaction build a compelling narrative that will stimulate customers to accept the true potential of their investment in Cisco and thereby de-risk subsequent renewals.
- Work with Sales, CS Executives/SPM’s and Renewals teams to identify and target customers and partners most in need of adoption assistance.
- Build and deliver compelling material that will help to simplify and expedite the customer lifecycle progression.
- Maintain and grow technical expertise both within aligned specialisation whilst also seizing the opportunity to gain architectural awareness within other specialisations supported by the team.
- Aligns with and supports company policies and processes and uses relevant tools to effectively implement the role and support Customer Success strategies and goals
- Individual contributor
Who you work with
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) is the technical consultant within the Customer Success organisation. CSS’s work alongside Success Program Managers, Customer Success Executives, Sales team, Renewals team, and Partners to identify appropriate engagements within strategic accounts.
There is never a shortage of relevant accounts, and this provides exposure to a broad cross-section of customers and account teams from varying industries. Every day can be a fresh challenge, stimulating dialogue and a learning experience.
Who You Are
You will have good experience of Cisco’s Cloud Networking technologies Nexus, ACI, NDFC (DCNM), Nexus Dashboard. You will also have demonstrable experience and sophisticated knowledge of Data Centre migrations and Day2 operational experience for these technologies. You will seek to build and demonstrate the broader CX team and your personal network to re-use, enhance and share materials thereby driving continual improvement of the service we offer to our customers and ultimately the business benefits they will achieve from our solutions. Leveraging automation to streamline activities or enhance product capabilities is actively encouraged.
You will have a solid ability to work independently and proactively as well as using a full team and multi-functional resources, a customer focused mentality, and a strong desire to both generate and demonstrate relevant success stories. As a relatively new part of the business Customer Success is dynamic and constantly evolving, if you accept change and like to innovate you won’t be disappointed!
- Typically requires BSc Computer Science or equivalent plus demonstrable years of relevant work experience.
- Authoritative level (e.g. CCIE) or equivalent relevant certification desirable.
- Has demonstrable knowledge of Cisco’s Cloud Networking technologies Nexus, ACI, NDFC (DCNM), Nexus Dashboard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances. Possesses customer consulting skills including ability to establish relationships with customers, engineers, managers level & above.
- Personable and engaging presenter both virtually and face-to-face
- Demonstrates expertise on broad range of technologies and delivery methods
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We accept digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show us your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.