Customer Success Specialist - Security
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAtlanta, Richardson TX , Mexico City
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Compensation Range86200 USD - 124500 USD
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic advisor and technical expert that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
The CSS is a hands-on expert for their aligned product or architecture. This role owns delivery of targeted engagements intended to increase product awareness, share industry best practices, and drive overall product consumption and business value. The CSS brings strategic vision and tactical expertise to ensure every customer engagement is a success while also actively participating in the global CSS Community where they collaborate with their peers to share best practices and customer success stories. The CSS is able to effectively combine deep technical knowledge with solid understanding of business priorities to provide consultative solutions pivotal to helping customers realize value faster.
This is a highly technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges as a specialist within the Cisco Security architecture, including NGFW (FTD), ISE, Email Security, Cloud Security, Advanced Threat, etc.
For this role we are looking for a Networking expert with experience in one or more of the areas above.
Who You’ll Work With
The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Deliver Accelerators and ATX (Ask-the-Expert) sessions to a diverse set of customers, tailoring deliverables and producing quantifiable business outcomes with scope and on-time engagement.
- Facilitate high impact, technology-specific workshops targeted at all levels of an organization to accelerate a business initiative, potentially in conjunction with the Customer Success Executive (CSE)
- Leverage domain specialization and expertise to expertly identify and proactively manage risk areas and customer expectations that could impact successful delivery
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes
- Collaborate with Account teams, CS, Partners to improve customer adoption, address product concerns, and drive incremental growth
- Be responsible for evangelizing the end-to-end CX offer strategy and roadmap to sales specialists, delivery teams, and customers
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers and the Success team
- Up to 10% travel possible.
Who You Are
- Inherently understands customer needs and provides the best CX onboarding and contract lifecycle experience to enhance customer value.
- Enough technical knowledge to understand and connect customer business outcomes to offer functionality to accelerate customer value
- Work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively support the customer. Reducing the time it takes the customer to start engaging with and receiving value from their service. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote / virtual environment
- clear understanding of the customers’ business outcomes and how the CSS can support the customer on their path
- Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant offers and driving customer to their outcomes.
- Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations
- Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- 3 years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to domain
- An in depth understanding of Cisco Security products including: Firepower Next Gen Firewall (NGFW), Identity Services Engine (ISE), Stealthwatch products (SWATCH), Advanced
- Malware Protection for Endpoints (AMP4E)/Email Security Appliance (ESA)/Web Security Appliance (WSA). This in depth understanding should allow you to be able to assist the customer with barriers that they experience as they onboard and implement Cisco Security Solutions
- Thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred
- · Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist
- CISM / CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.